3/6 Games

Christian County, IL
MVC Tournament Quarterfinals
Wichita St. vs SIU-12:05 pm
Illinois St. vs Evansville-2:35 pm
Bradley vs UNI-6:05 pm
Loyola vs Indiana St.-8:35 pm

Have to root for Wichita St. and UNI to keep winning and keep a 'seed stealer' out (even an in-state team). Arch Madness is one of my favorite conference tournaments.

Also tonight, TTU @ Baylor (Bears should win this)

Kirksville, MO
Have to root for Wichita St. and UNI to keep winning and keep a 'seed stealer' out (even an in-state team).
I don't think we have to root for that.
It will happen just fine on its own. ;)

New York
Doesn't hurt to root for Murray St. and Harvard tonight. Neither has a very realistic chance at an at large if they fail to win their conferences, but they are the only teams in their conferences that have any chance whatsoever.

Murray St. on a 24 game win streak and plays Morehead St. tonight in the OVC tourney. Should win easily.

Harvard playing Yale tonight. They are dueling for Ivy championship- both tied at 10-2 with 2 games to go. If they end up tied at 11-3, they have a one game playoff to decide it. Not much of a seed stealing risk here, as the only way Harvard fails to win Ivy title would be losing two of the next three, in which case their case for an at large would look exceedingly weak. Still, better to have them win the title outright and remove all doubt.

Orange Krush Class of 2013
Stanford, CA
NIT bubble just shrunk by 1 - the top regular season team in the Big South (CSU) lost in their tourney, so they get an auto-NIT bid.

New York
NIT bubble just shrunk by 1 - the top regular season team in the Big South (CSU) lost in their tourney, so they get an auto-NIT bid.
I seriously hope that this doesn't have any effect on us whatsoever.

Murray St. on a 24 game win streak and plays Morehead St. tonight in the OVC tourney. Should win easily.
Won't be as easy as you may think. Won by 9 or so I believe earlier in year but Morehead St is playing it's best ball of the year currently.

I laughed at this, I hope it was meant that way. If worst of worst happens, we are still a lock for NIT

New York
Won't be as easy as you may think. Won by 9 or so I believe earlier in year but Morehead St is playing it's best ball of the year currently.
Ah - didn't even bother checking out the matchup. Just assumed that Murray St. would kill them because of Morehead's very mediocre record

Orange Krush Class of 2013
Stanford, CA
I laughed at this, I hope it was meant that way. If worst of worst happens, we are still a lock for NIT
Was just trying to bring some lighthearted thoughts to the board with all the enjoyable but intense bracket analysis that's been flying around lately :thumb:

As a Loyola fan, I want them to win but at the same time I don't want them to steal our spot. With Milton Doyle (who's likely a future NBA player) back from injury I think they have potential to make a run. Still, it's unlikely they get past both UNI and Wichita State.

Bloomington
Was just trying to bring some lighthearted thoughts to the board with all the enjoyable but intense bracket analysis that's been flying around lately :thumb:
No no, if you listen to some Chicago media alumni that has a bigtime effect on Illinois!

Smh, some people don't know anything.

Thanks for keeping it lighthearted Daniel!

No no, if you listen to some Chicago media alumni that has a bigtime effect on Illinois!

Smh, some people don't know anything.

Thanks for keeping it lighthearted Daniel!

I saw that too. A bad look for someone who is supposed to know what they are doing

Captain 'Paign
Phoenix, AZ
Haha. Hope you were joking but worst case we'd be at least a 2 seed in the NIT.

Aurora, IL
Man, that was a hell of a game between Murray State and Morehead State. Lots of jawing, lots of great passes and dunks, some great runs on both sides, and a whole lot of Cameron Payne, who looks 135lbs soaking wet.

New York
Baylor down 7 to TT with about 11 mins left.

And Baylor survives. The refs in this game was just flat horrendous for both teams. Just a terribly officiated game on all levels.

Wow...Loyola absolutely demolishes Indiana State, 81-53. The Ramblers were up 40 at one point. If they play like this tomorrow UNI will have their hands full. Wichita State vs. Illinois State will be a really good one too, ISU played WSU close in both meetings.

Loyola has made a quicker than expected step up in the MVC. Good for them. And it'll be great for the league if they can take it to the next level.

Little worried about the MVC bid. Both Loyola and ISU were impressive. But still 2 already-ins are still active too.

Evansville, IN
I can't watch any more of this B1G women's basketball tournament.

Hearing that car horn is worse than having my pelvic bone scratched with a hypodermic needle.