3/7 Games

New York
Since today's a relatively quiet day and tomorrow is enormous, I figured I'd start the discussion on tomorrow's games. It is a massive day. (Dan, I hope you don't mind an early start to this discussion)

First, the four B1G games:

* 11:00 a.m. Michigan State @ Indiana ESPN
* 11:00 a.m. Northwestern @ Iowa BTN
* 1:15 p.m. Rutgers @ Michigan BTN

Now to the bubble: There are so many bubble teams playing that it's actually easier to list the ones not playing: Oregon, UCLA, BYU are all done for season; Tulsa and Cincy play Sunday. That's about it. If you assume from ajerwin's chart in the NCAA bracketology thread (http://www.illinoisloyalty.com/Forums/showpost.php?p=1102765&postcount=602) that 15 teams, including us, are fighting for 10 bids, 11 of those 15 critical bubble teams are playing tomorrow. This basically means that if we win and Purdue + 4 of other 9 lose, we will be in excellent shape. Based on their precarious positioning and loseable matchups, we should be rooting particularly heavily against IU, LSU, Ole Miss, Colorado St., NC State, Temple, TAMU. I'm not optimistic, but if enough teams lose tomorrow, we might find ourselves with a breath of life even if we lose. On the flip side, if enough teams win and we lose, things will look bleak.

Bubble teams playing include (bracketmatrix seeds):

8 - Ok St. at WVU (1pm ESPN), Dayton at LaSalle (3pm CBSSN)

9 - Georgia at Auburn (3pm SECN), Xavier at Creighton (1pm FSN)

10 - IU v. MSU (11am ESPN), LSU at Arkansas (1pm ESPN), Ole Miss v. Vandy (8pm SECN), Colorado St. at Utah St. (8pm ROOT)

11 - NC State v. Cuse (11am CBS), Temple v. UConn (1pm ESPN2), TAMU v. Alabama (1pm ESPN3), Davidson at Duquesne (6pm ASN), Boise St. v. Fresno St. (7pm ESPN3)

12 - Purdue v. Illini (3:30 pm BTN)

First six out - Texas v. KSU (3pm ESPN2), Miami at VA Tech (11am ESPN3), Illini, Stanford at Arizona (3pm CBS)

You can find a solid breakdown of some of tomorrow's more important games on SBNation (http://www.sbnation.com/college-bas...ball-bubble-watch-texas-illinois-miami-temple)

Last edited by a moderator:
Since today's a relatively quiet day and tomorrow is enormous, I figured I'd start the discussion on tomorrow's games. It is a massive day. (Dan, I hope you don't mind an early start to this discussion)

First, the four B1G games:

* 11:00 a.m. Michigan State @ Indiana ESPN
* 11:00 a.m. Northwestern @ Iowa BTN
* 1:15 p.m. Rutgers @ Michigan BTN
* 3:30 p.m. Illinois @ Purdue BTN

Now to the bubble: There are so many bubble teams playing that it's actually easier to list the ones not playing: Oregon, UCLA, BYU are all done for season; Tulsa and Cincy play Sunday. That's about it. If you assume from ajerwin's chart in the NCAA bracketology thread (http://www.illinoisloyalty.com/Forums/showpost.php?p=1102765&postcount=602) that 15 teams, including us, are fighting for 10 bids, 11 of those 15 critical bubble teams are playing tomorrow. This basically means that if we win and Purdue + 4 of other 9 lose, we will be in excellent shape. Based on their precarious positioning and loseable matchups, we should be rooting particularly heavily against IU, LSU, Ole Miss, Colorado St., NC State, Temple, TAMU. I'm not optimistic, but if enough teams lose tomorrow, we might find ourselves with a breath of life even if we lose. On the flip side, if enough teams win and we lose, things will look bleak.

Bubble teams playing include (bracketmatrix seeds):

8 - Ok St. at WVU (1pm ESPN), Dayton at LaSalle (3pm CBSSN)

9 - Georgia at Auburn (3pm SECN), Xavier at Creighton (1pm FSN)

10 - IU v. MSU (11am ESPN), LSU at Arkansas (1pm ESPN), Ole Miss v. Vandy (8pm SECN), Colorado St. at Utah St. (8pm ROOT)

11 - NC State v. Cuse (11am CBS), Temple v. UConn (1pm ESPN2), TAMU v. Alabama (1pm ESPN3), Davidson at Duquesne (6pm ASN), Boise St. v. Fresno St. (7pm ESPN3)

12 - Purdue v. Illini (3:30 pm BTN)

First six out - Texas v. KSU (3pm ESPN2), Miami at VA Tech (11am ESPN3), Illini, Stanford at Arizona (3pm CBS)

You can find a solid breakdown of some of tomorrow's more important games on SBNation (http://www.sbnation.com/college-bas...ball-bubble-watch-texas-illinois-miami-temple)
I've already checked out for the day/month. It's so hard to get any work done when there's so much to look forward to!

New York
Edit: BYU plays tomorrow in the quarters of the WCC tourney against winner of Santa Clara/Loyola Marymount. That means that 12 of the 15 teams that are most directly on the bubble play tomorrow. It's probably BYU's last opportunity for a bad loss. SC/LM are both sub 200. If BYU makes it to the semis, they're likely playing St. Mary's, RPI around 59 - and losing that one might not be enough to knock them down. Would be big if BYU goes down.

Orange Krush Class of 2013
Stanford, CA
I've already checked out for the day/month. It's so hard to get any work done when there's so much to look forward to!
Tomorrow (today?) is gonna be a heck of a day. If I had the whole day free, I might not move from the couch.

Orange Krush Class of 2013
Stanford, CA
Perrea (sp?) just had a monstrous put back dunk for IU. Holy cow.

9-2 MSU run. Indiana did not come out of half anything but a hot mess. Getting beat on the boards, lax defense with no rotation and silly turns

I don't believe some of the analysts saying that Indiana is in regardless of the next game or two. If they lose to MSU, at home and without Dawson, they should be on the bubble with their resume.

Springfield
Watching MSU move the ball against IU's zone is a thing of beauty

New York
Tremendously entertaining matchup

Indiana could be the worst defensive team in the conference.

Statistically speaking, IU is the worst PPG defense in conference play:

SCORING DEFENSE G Pts Avg/G
1. Wisconsin 17 999 58.8
2. Illinois 17 1074 63.2
3. Ohio State 17 1077 63.4
4. Nebraska 17 1086 63.9
5. Purdue 17 1093 64.3
6. Iowa 17 1096 64.5
7. Michigan State 17 1096 64.5
8. Maryland 17 1100 64.7
9. Michigan 17 1105 65.0
10. Penn State 17 1138 66.9