3/7 Weekend Games

So at this point, we need to go ahead and root for Wisconsin to lose today. Then MSU and MD to lose at home. Given the teams they are playing, it could happen.

I know this doesn't impact the seeds, but a share of the B1G regular season title is still on the line.

Dan

Admin
Saturday
Wisconsin (13-6) at Indiana (9-10), 11:00am CT, ESPN
Rutgers (10-9) at Purdue (9-10), 1:00pm CT, BTN
Penn State (11-8) at Northwestern (2-17), 3:00pm CT, BTN

Sunday
Michigan (10-9) at Maryland (13-6), 11:00am CT, FOX
Nebraska (2-17) at Minnesota (7-12), 12:00pm CT, BTN
Ohio State (11-8) at Michigan State (13-6), 3:30pm CT, CBS

If we win and Wisconsin loses, we can get the three seed if MSU and MD both win. While I'd prefer a share of the title, that share gives us a four seed every time.

KrushCow31

Former Krush Cow
Chicago, IL
I do NOT want to play Iowa in the first game we play. We've legitimately lost to Iowa 4 out of the last 5 Big Ten Tournaments I'm pretty sure.

I do NOT want to play Iowa in the first game we play. We've legitimately lost to Iowa 4 out of the last 5 Big Ten Tournaments I'm pretty sure.
Hmm, the three seems likely to give us Iowa on Friday assuming the Hawkeyes beat the Hoosiers on Thursday. The four seed likely gives us Penn State if they beat the Gophers on Thursday. Now that I look at it, I think I'd rather play PSU than play Iowa twice in five days.

Two automatic bids to the NCAA Tournament to be clinched today. Utah State and San Diego State will face in the Mountain West tournament championship game at 4:30 PM on CBS. Murray State and Belmont will play in the Ohio Valley Conference tournament championship at 7:00 PM on ESPN2.

ILLINI76

Springfiled, IL.
I would like to see Illinois, Wisconsin, Purdue, Maryland, Penn St And Mich St win. I would love the 4 seed with Wisconsin, Penn St, Purdue, Michigan, and Minnesota in the Top Bracket. We are 9-0 against this group. Northwestern would be in there to play Minnesota on Wed. The bottom would have Mich St, Maryland, Iowa, Ohio St ,Rutgers, Indiana, and Nebraska. We are 4-7 against this group.

I would like to see Illinois, Wisconsin, Purdue, Maryland, Penn St And Mich St win. I would love the 4 seed with Wisconsin, Penn St, Purdue, Michigan, and Minnesota in the Top Bracket. We are 9-0 against this group. Northwestern would be in there to play Minnesota on Wed. The bottom would have Mich St, Maryland, Iowa, Ohio St ,Rutgers, Indiana, and Nebraska. We are 4-7 against this group.

All of this, yes!

Screen Shot 2020-03-07 at 9.20.31 AM.png

Gives us this

Screen Shot 2020-03-07 at 9.21.13 AM.png

Seems like a dream scenario for us. The worst things that can happen are MD or UW losing it seems, most of those scenarios lead to us playing some combination of Iowa then (MD or MSU). I'd much prefer a PSU, UW route.

Last edited:
this morning I was all in for the 4-way tie for first. now I'm all in for the above BTT scenario. Win the game we control.

Wisconsin wins 8 straight down the stretch to close out the regular season.

Last edited:

ILLINI76

Springfiled, IL.
Purdue is going to get to the Championship. That would make them 19-16. Might do it for them.