Penn State at Minnesota- Root for PSU

Illinois State vs Northern Iowa- Root hard for Northern Iowa

Tulsa at SMU- Root hard for SMU

Wisconsin at Ohio State- Root for Wisconsin

Maryland at Nebraska- Root for Maryland
What is the rationale behind Wisconsin?

Tulsa and northern Iowa seem like the important ones

Cedar Falls, IA
If I'm remembering correctly,Wisconsin winning gives Purdue the four seed (double bye) instead of Iowa.

What is the rationale behind Wisconsin?

Tulsa and northern Iowa seem like the important ones
It's a slight thing but both Purdue and Indiana beat Ohio State so we want Wisconsin to keep Ohio State out of the top 30 rpi. Also I think a bye hurts Purdue more than it helps. If they lose to Iowa in their first game and we beat Michigan, I don't think their resume can be argued over ours.

DC Area
It's a slight thing but both Purdue and Indiana beat Ohio State so we want Wisconsin to keep Ohio State out of the top 30 rpi. Also I think a bye hurts Purdue more than it helps. If they lose to Iowa in their first game and we beat Michigan, I don't think their resume can be argued over ours.
Thanks

4th & Chalmers, a few years ago...Now? Weeki Wach
I'm finding it hard to root against the Redbirds, up early on NIU. Yeah, I know, the ramifications...still finding it hard!

As an Illini fan but an Alumni from ISU I have to root for the Redbirds. We can't have another year where no college teams from Illinois make the dance.

Champaign
Newbill drains a three about 4 feet behind the arc at the buzzer for the win.

I don't think a loss vs Iowa really affects them, that's not a bad loss. OTOH, a loss vs NW/Nebraska is bad and could knock them out while a win vs one of those 2 doesn't really help them.

Last edited:
I don't think a loss vs Iowa really affects them, that's not a bad loss. OTOH, a loss vs NW/Nebraska is bad and could knock them out while a win vs one of those 2 doesn't really help them.
It's certainly a matter of opinion. Personally I don't think who you lose to has ever carried too much weight so I will take the team with the much, much better chance of beating them without giving them a relatively free win.

Either way we should want Wisconsin so OSU doesn't jump in the top 30.

ISU losing doesn't put the Illini on the right side of the bubble. If they lose to Wisky it just means one more year of zero college teams from the state of Illinois in the tourney.

Bloomington
Loving this but hating it. Loving it because an ISU loss gives UI a better chance. Hating it because I have nothing against ISU and I know what it feels like to watch a team collapse as a fan.

I 100% feel their pain right now.

Ill be bummed if Illinois misses the tourney and ISU loses today.

Bloomington
ISU losing doesn't put the Illini on the right side of the bubble. If they lose to Wisky it just means one more year of zero college teams from the state of Illinois in the tourney.
It puts Illinois one step closer with a win over Michigan. Gives Illinois at least a better chance to sneak in.

Illinois also NEEDS Tulsa to lose

DC Area

It keeps a spot open though and some people have Illinois in right now. I really don't care about ISU just like I don't care about DePaul or northwestern. Having an Illinois team in the tourney doesn't help illinois.