Aaron Jordan

Should Aaron Jordan be in the starting lineup Friday?

• Yes

Votes: 61 48.4%
  • No

Votes: 65 51.6%

• Total voters
I think it is more important that he be on the floor at the end of the game.

I fall into this camp. I have been reading that Coach Underwood is going to play a lot of people. I like the offensive firepower he brings off the bench. This is a coaching decision, so I will leave it up to the staff.

Gunner23

Panama City, Florida
I voted no. I love having AJ come in off the bench causing the opponent to immediately change how they are defending us. Our bench play has been pretty good to start the year. The way AJ works on D, rebounds, and scores the basketball are hard to gameplan around when he comes off the bench. I also believe that in BU's system, minutes will be awarded as they are earned, each night, and not based upon who is starting/coming off the bench. It seems that AJ played more minutes than some of the other starters and he was on the floor late, in "crunch time", as we made a couple of runs to get it close. Keep him right where he is now, he is an absolute weapon off of the bench (in more ways than just scoring). :chief:

I voted no not because I don’t think he is a top 5 player for us but because he adds great value coming off bench. Too many people get hung up on label of “starter” or non-starter. I would be disappointed if he didn’t get top 5 minutes.

Illiini

In the land of the Nittany Lion
Should have been a third option: Whatever Coach thinks.

GortTheRobot

North Bethesda, Maryland
I wouldn't question BU either way, but I voted no. Like many others, I like him coming in off the bench, and his minutes are what counts. I would like him to come off the bench and have the crowd do something fun to acknowledge his entrance into each game.

As for Alstork, he still dishes the ball well, and he does play defense. I hope he finally gets going, and I would like to see him start the next few games to see if he gets dialed in. He started strong the last game.

I voted no. I would defer to Coach, of course, but I like what he has done coming off the bench. If he has another good game against NU, maybe it would be nice to start him against the Terps and get the starting line up intro at home.

RedRocksIllini

Morrison, CO
Didn't vote since, as others have pointed out, there's only one vote that matters. Have to say I'm very happy for AJ. Really nice to see a great kid have success after toughing things out the last couple years. It's the kind of thing that keeps this fun.

I think it is more important that he be on the floor at the end of the game.

Well said.

His efficiency is off the charts good. I looked up this morning leading 3 pt shooters, and there's a 6-8 guy at Lafayette that's just a fraction of a percent behind him. (Matt Klinewski) but he still leads the nation. More than that, he's got passion on the floor coming off the bench. Whatever happened when Underwood started working with him it's great to watch. :thumb:

Well said.

His efficiency is off the charts good. I looked up this morning leading 3 pt shooters, and there's a 6-8 guy at Lafayette that's just a fraction of a percent behind him. (Matt Klinewski) but he still leads the nation. More than that, he's got passion on the floor coming off the bench. Whatever happened when Underwood started working with him it's great to watch. :thumb:

AJ's Dad would concur with this. ;)

I voted to start AJ just to put a deterrant to being zoned right away. TJL, Mark Smith and DaMonte are not yet hitting their threes.

One of the true ‘feel good’ stories this fall. Congrats to AJ, and definitely congrats to Rob & Mrs. Rob.

I agree!! I am rooting for this kid more than I have for any other player in a long time. This is the type of player you look at and say to another player....”this is what can happen when you don’t blame others, you work hard, and you finish what you start!” What a great story for sports!!

JFGsCoffeeMug

BU:1 Trash cans:0
Chicago
http://www.stltoday.com/sports/coll...cle_18229e68-b647-5e0e-a0ec-a5906297924e.html

"Underwood credits Jordan’s hard work for his breakthrough season. He said he frequently spots Jordan in the gym shooting right after the break of dawn."

"Underwood said freshman guard Da’Monte Williams has been inspired to start showing up for Jordan’s extra-early workout sessions."

"Two other freshmen – Mark Smith (Edwardsville) and Gregory Eboigbodin – have also started showing up."

This team is putting the work in to get better. This team wants to win.

I love the Aaron Jordan story and I'm glad he stayed. He's a leader. I'm looking forward to see him grow and be even better net year