Adam Miller signs with Illinois

Status
Not open for further replies.

Illinifan533

Normal, Illinois
I saw that the delay in signing was because Miller wanted as many friends and family present as possible, plus I believe there were technical details to sort out. I think Illini fans need to get over the recruiting trauma of the Weber and Groce eras.

ILFaninFL

Nature Coast in Florida
I saw that the delay in signing was because Miller wanted as many friends and family present as possible, plus I believe there were technical details to sort out. I think Illini fans need to get over the recruiting trauma of the Weber and Groce eras.
I admit I was more than a little worried, but he kept saying he was coming ... OMG! YES!

Who were the other folks with him in the video?

Well after the Alexander and Gordon recruiting misfires it's just a natural instinct for people to be very skeptical...technical details????.....whatever....getting Miller, Curbelo and Hawkins has definitely changed recruiting, expectations, and hopefully results on the court.

KrushCow31

Former Krush Cow
Chicago, IL
Maybe this is a dumb question, but how is Adam Miller from Peoria but goes to Morgan Park? Does he just consider himself a Peoria kid but currently lives in Chicago for basketball reasons?

Maybe this is a dumb question, but how is Adam Miller from Peoria but goes to Morgan Park? Does he just consider himself a Peoria kid but currently lives in Chicago for basketball reasons?

His Mom had just gotten her Masters and wanted out of Manual because of coaching and principal changes. They have family in the Chicagoland area. I think she teaches in the Tinley Park area. Probably in Chicago area permanently.

His Mom had just gotten her Masters and wanted out of Manual because of coaching and principal changes. They have family in the Chicagoland area. I think she teaches in the Tinley Park area. Probably in Chicago area permanently.
Yeah, Coach Booth took an administrative job and quit coaching at Manual after Adam's freshman season. I doubt he would ever have left had that not happened.

Last edited:
What were the other teams trying to lure him away??
I talked to Illini standout DJ Richardson about this recruitment. Adam is DJ's 1st cousin. He just smiled about other schools and said Adam grew up his whole life as a huge Illini fan. He wasn't going anywhere else. I had to laugh at people's anxiety over Adam not signing in November, not signing on the 15th, etc.

His Illini love aside, would you go anywhere else when the Illini have uber pass 1st PG Andre Curbelo coming in? That's a wing's dream, brah.

breadman

Herndon, VA
Love to hear coach talk about Adam's defense...
This thought occurred to me too.
I cannot tell you how satisfying it was to see the whole defensive structure of the team elevate itself (through coaching) this past season. Screw the offense, elevate the defense!!

What a class!

Adam Miller is a difference maker with elite potential. Should be fun to watch him on this path to the NBA. Congrats to everyone involved, and thanks to him for putting his development in the O&B staff. He and Curbelo in the same back court? Super excited.

Anyone have a national recruiting class ranking update?
Glad to hear Miller time is official.

GO ILLINI!

Need him to be guy that can hit some open shots. We should be an improved passing team next, hopefully leading to more of those.

Impressed with what he's had to say and what BU said about his defense and work ethic.

Quote from Chin while on "The Drive" radio show

Coleman on Miller signing: “There was never a doubt. There was no situation where he wouldn’t have been here... Social media introduces a different dynamic for these kids. Sometimes you gotta, like Phil Jackson did, let these kids ‘go to Vegas for a few days’ and then come back.”

Love the dudes swagger

Status
Not open for further replies.