Alan Griffin transfers to Syracuse

There are tons of players underrated that become studs. Junior year Griffin is a dangerous player. I am not comparing him as a player, but more to illustrate that top 50 does not mean everything. For example, DaMonte before injury was top 40 while Alan is top 150. Alan, by himself is more impactful. Also, Steph Curry was not top 300 and one of the best all time. I am not saying Alan is nearly as good as Steph Curry, but I would take Steph Curry over Adam Miller and Curbelo.

You're right, Alan's not Steph Curry. And, who wouldn't take Steph Curry over anyone? I don't understand that jump from Alan, vs Miller and Curbelo to you'd take Steph Curry over Miller and Curbelo.

LJ22

Chicago, IL
I don't love him ending up at Rutgers, but at least his sitting for a year means our players are safe from him stepping on them during the 2020-2021 season.

A lot of looking backward..last year this and that. I will guarantee you that this staff is looking forward. Positions and minutes are gold with this staff, and they are selling this to the next group. Turnover is the way of big time sports these days. We are a big time program and will adjust. I wish AG the best, and am excited to see what Brad and the boys will do next yr. I expect big things.

You're right, Alan's not Steph Curry. And, who wouldn't take Steph Curry over anyone? I don't understand that jump from Alan, vs Miller and Curbelo to you'd take Steph Curry over Miller and Curbelo.
You are saying that he is not top 50 like Miller Curbelo and that is reason Griffin is not starting over those two. I was just giving an example. I can give many, not top 50 players out of high school over top 50 ranked players. Obi Toppin is one right off the top of my head. Do I think Miller will be better than Griffin - yes I do, in time, but most likely not next year. Do I think Griffin is better than Toppin, freak no. However, rankings should not mean everything. Buddy Hield, McCamey, Ja Morant, Karrett Culver, were all not top 50 players.

Deleted member 654622

D
Good shooter, great effort, but often lost on defense. That is why he didn't get as much time as his mommy thinks he deserves. We will be fine

Trent just announced he's returning
As almost none of us has anything better to do for the next few weeks, go back to the Iowa highlights and look at the last play. The play was not designed for Luka, it was designed to give Frederick a 3 in front of the Iowa bench for the win. Iowa set 3 separate screens from their 3 biggest players, Trent Frazier blew up all 3 screens. In fact he BEAT Frederick to the second screen. When Luka got the ball he was not square to the basket, game over. He struggled to score but TF won a lot of games for us.

It might be wishful thinking but I think TF shooting touch returns next year when he is the off guard.

I personally think he will struggle when he has to have the ball in his hands.
At first, but it's gonna force him to sink or swim and improve his ball handling. As much as I hate to say it, it could be in his best interest.

And I'm bummed for us.

I did not see this coming. He seemed to completely gel with the team Hot take...he is going to go to Duke to play with his brother (really based on nothing).

I‘m with you that I did not see it coming. Although on hindsight, we have two small forwards who were sitting out this year and it seems like we are in on a TON of small forward recruits.

Also, based on everything I’ve read, Ayo is going pro and Adam Miller is coming. If Ayo does not go pro, Adam Miller ain’t coming. Either way, the starters for next year are Frazier, Ayo/Miller, and Probably Da’Monte.

On hindsight, this probably isn’t that big of A surprise.

Disagree, you can't be really good only playing well on offense. The game has two sides, so play them both or you aren't really good, unless you're scoring 20+ points a game.
Funny you of all people would say, "the game has two sides, so play them both." That's not what you sat about all the players. Must be your Peoria bias showing.