Alan Griffin transfers to Syracuse

jmilt7

Waukegan
With Curbela and Miller coming in, He wouldn't get much playing time. No Way he would start.
Did not see this coming but for some reason I am not surprised. Agree with Kathy (which may be a first) that Curbelo and Miller will start (Miller right away, Curbelo maybe later in the season) but disagree that he would not get much playing time. I think his role next season would be similar to this year's and would get comparable minutes but he probably wants to start.
Rumors have been floating around that Grandison is good enough to start. And as Emerson Bigguns mentioned Griffin probably knows better than we who might be coming in and he probably knows what the situation will probably be next year.
The Illini will find a way to replace his points. Happens every year.
Oh, and Ayo is not coming back. Just my opinion but I will buy everyone a beach house if he does.
And most importantly I won't have to cringe when I see some spelling his name Allen anymore. Now we still have to work on spelling Giorgi's name correctly.

Last edited:

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
If it were up to Alan, he’d still be here. A few outside forces drove this decision.

This is good-ish to hear.
I stress reacted at first.

I retract my early knee jerk reaction, and still wish him the best of luck!

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
Did not see this coming but for some reason I am not surprised. Agree with Kathy (which may be a first) that Curbelo and Miller will start (Miller right away, Curbelo maybe later in the season) but disagree that he would not get much playing time. I think his role next season would be similar to this year's and would get comparable minutes but he probably wants to start.
Rumors have been floating around that Grandison is good enough to start. And as Emerson Bigguns mentioned Griffin probably knows better than we who might be coming in and he probably knows what the situation will probably be next year.
The Illini will find a way to replace his points. Happens every year.
Oh, and Ayo is not coming back. Just my opinion but I will buy everyone a beach house if he does.
And most importantly I won't have to cringe when I see some spelling his name Allen anymore. Now we still have to work on spelling Giorgi's name correctly.

And apparently "Curbela's"?

Deleted member 646108

D
If it were up to Alan, he’d still be here. A few outside forces drove this decision.

Helicopter moms are great
Mama AG.jpg

Everyone is worried about replacing Griffin's 3-point shooting, and for good reason, but I'm going to miss the way he rebounded. It was so fun to watch Illinois rebound the basketball this year. They came away with so many tough rebounds that they didn't get in the past, winning plays. Sure, Kofi made a huge difference there but I loved watching the way guys you wouldn't always expect to come down with the board did like Griffin, especially Feliz, and Ayo later in the season seemed to grab some key boards. They all rebounded so well for their position and made plays at key times that helped turn games. Now Alan, Feliz and Ayo will probably all be gone, and I'll be curious to see who steps up next year to really keep Illinois rebounding at a high level.

A lot of the players have been taking out "Illinois MBB" or whatever they had regarding that they were a member of the team in their Instagram bios..

I‘m with you that I did not see it coming. Although on hindsight, we have two small forwards who were sitting out this year and it seems like we are in on a TON of small forward recruits.

Also, based on everything I’ve read, Ayo is going pro and Adam Miller is coming. If Ayo does not go pro, Adam Miller ain’t coming. Either way, the starters for next year are Frazier, Ayo/Miller, and Probably Da’Monte.

On hindsight, this probably isn’t that big of A surprise.

That's not true.

AG's Mom is crazy? Last year how many people on here were going nuts about TU getting in games ahead of AG? I couldn't believe it either. I felt like DW and AG's roles should have been reversed this year. AG should have been the starter. You can spin it how ever you want, but I think this is going to hurt big time. This team needs shooters and we lost a good one.