Alliance of American Football League

So I've been hearing more and more about this new, 8 team, pro football league that's kicking off this week so I decided to check out the rosters to see if I could find any familiar names.
Only 1 former Illini player (at least who lists Illinois as their school, there may have been someone who started at Illinois then transferred out) in the league and that's Chunky Clements, who plays for the Arizona Hotshots.
Not sure if I'll follow any of this league or not, just thought it might be of general interest to you guys about Chunky. Have to wonder if this will turn into some kind of D-League for the NFL.

Ordained Dudeist Priest
Johns Creek, GA
The NFL takes guys from the Arena league from time to time, so I'd guess that if talent can rise from the AAF the NFL will take notice. The one thing I picked up from this league is that their drafts were mostly regional, with the intent to have players on teams near their former college, and each team has an assigned area to which they have more or less exclusive rights to those players.

There's some interesting names on the rosters, with some NFL washouts (Denard Robinson is playing for Atlanta), guys that were too small or a step too slow for the league, and some guys who played in Canada.

All the teams are in the southern half of the country except for Salt Lake City. It will be interesting to see February football at that elevation, and they're playing outdoors.

Great roster of head coaches, too. Singletary, Spurrier, Neuheisel, Mike Riley, Mike Martz, and Dennis Erickson among them.

So I've been hearing more and more about this new, 8 team, pro football league that's kicking off this week so I decided to check out the rosters to see if I could find any familiar names.
Only 1 former Illini player (at least who lists Illinois as their school, there may have been someone who started at Illinois then transferred out) in the league and that's Chunky Clements, who plays for the Arizona Hotshots.
Not sure if I'll follow any of this league or not, just thought it might be of general interest to you guys about Chunky. Have to wonder if this will turn into some kind of D-League for the NFL.
Arizona also has OL Hugh Thornton. For some reason he isn't listed on the active roster yet.

Watched a bit of the Birmingham-Memphis game yesterday while folding laundry. Man, has Christian Hackenberg fallen down hard!

His freshman year at PSU was just in 2013. He never seemed to develop to match the hype of that season, but still got picked in the second round of the draft less than 3 years ago.

And yesterday he was thoroughly outplayed by an undrafted D-II player on the other team and eventually got benched for a kid that was playing for Troy 14 months ago.