Alma Otter

Epsilon

M tipping over
Pdx
I don’t like an otters chances against a wolverine, so it sounds about right.
Badgers! Badgers! We don't need no stinking Badgers!

Edit: I'm down with the Alma Otter though. I never thought anyone would ever come up with something good enough, but I like it.

If even one student votes for this that was also stupid enough to do the Tide pod challenge, the measure should be automatically be defeated.

Deleted member 16340

D
Otters are social animals who like to play, don't build their own habitat, they use abandoned lair of other animals and spend a good part of their day cleaning themselves...They live in/around water. What does any of this have to do with UI? Students need a new supplier I think!

Not seeing the connection to U of I that any other school couldn't claim. Oooh, but we would be one of the first (but maybe not the first) to use this pun!

Lets sing this at halftime instead of the 3 in 1 :illinois:

Epsilon

M tipping over
Pdx
Stop taking yourselves too seriously. If you can't laugh at yourself, trust me, others will.

I think this sums up my feelings pretty well

tenor (3).gif

wILL-INI

Charlotte, NC
I still can't fathom College kids NEEDING this so bad. They can't stand our sporting events WITHOUT a mascot, which theyll argue is for the kids. This is why the north endzone has been so empty. We dont have an otter there for them.

To be honest, I dont think this will impact me too much. As long as it is restricted to pelting 3yr olds with a shirt gun, and we never wear Otter themed jerseys, fine whatever. But also if this happens, the north endzone better be full as hell every game when theres an Otter.

Well, if we're going to toss around candidates for a mascot, how 'bout a mascot named "The Orange Krush", with that muscled, boxer fellow who used to appear at Illini games and flex his muscles ? Sort of a take-off on Sparty, IMHO.

I still can't fathom College kids NEEDING this so bad.

What makes you think they NEED this? I think you, and a bunch of other, are taking this way too seriously. College sports are supposed to be fun. The current students seem to think this is fun, and I agree.

wILL-INI

Charlotte, NC
What makes you think they NEED this? I think you, and a bunch of other, are taking this way too seriously. College sports are supposed to be fun. The current students seem to think this is fun, and I agree.

Cause we do this every other year, it seems. Chicken, Owls, Lincolns, Soldiers, Eagles, Otters, Granges, Squirrels, Corn-things, amphomorphic letters...

Otter's a good idea. We could very certainly do much, much worse (see that stupid Bradley gargoyle). It's a native species and includes a good pun in its concept. I thought this board loved puns! We can't stay symbolless/mascotless forever (block I doesn't count). Might as well jump on this option. An aquatic mammal appears to have upset some donors enough that they're threatening/promising to stop funds. But the individuals who are part of the student body, voting for Alma Otter are the donors of the future. Their money is much more important than the small, vocal crowd of reactionaries. I say let the future decide what their world is going to be like.