Arizona 90, Illinois 69 POSTGAME

The Recruit

The Eternal Optimist
Denver, CO
Didn't someone say Sean Miller "can't coach" the other day? I think the guy can coach just fine by the looks of these freshmen. Wow.

Out coached out played... Wasn't expecting a win here, but you need to be competitive with top 25 teams. Hopefully we see improvement. We definitely have a cupcake schedule until big ten play. Get confidence don't lose to lower competition, and just win in the big ten. Go illini

Deleted member 652352

D
Take a bite, boys. It should taste familiar.

2015-01-29-HumblePie-thumb.jpg

BananaShampoo

Captain 'Paign
Phoenix, AZ
We aren't finishing top half of B1G if sloppy turnovers and weak defense aren't fixed. Also if we can't put together two consistent halves of decent basketball. Seems like more of the same to me, only difference is we might be able to out-talent a few more teams. Arizona clearly ain't one of them.

Deleted member 652751

D
Super disappointing. Didn't see any improvement from the N. St. and GCU games in our defense and scoring droughts. Was hoping we looked closer to a tournament team to start the year but we do not at this point. Sure hope coaching staff is up to the task of getting them there.

Shouldn’t have turned it on. Missed the 3/4 of the game at a birthday dinner. Turned it on when I got home and we looked awful. Mannion took over and punked our guys, especially Ayo. He couldn’t guard that guy for anything.

Road game, tough environment, I get it. It’s one game. We have a row of cupcakes coming up to get right.

That said, I’m a little concerned about Giorgi. He looks really out of sync our their playing around the three point line. Not using him more in the post might really limit his productivity.

We aren't finishing top half of B1G if sloppy turnovers and weak defense aren't fixed. Also if we can't put together two consistent halves of decent basketball. Seems like more of the same to me, only difference is we might be able to out-talent a few more teams. Arizona clearly ain't one of them.
Agree. The amount of turnovers was really disappointing

chrisRunner7

Spokane, WA
Not sure how much the two-day turnaround factors into this. But man, it looks like we need to practice entry passes into the post. A lot. Although I'm not 100% sure what kind of post moves Kofi has got once he gets the ball.

We will be fine. Optimistic about this season.

Props to Mannion, he's a real baller. Illini guards should be having bad dreams about him for some time. No props to Cheater U. in Tucson, though. Hope the hammer comes down on Arizona and Kansas soon.

Goal for the next week:

BIGS:Figure out some offense for our two bigs to coexist.

Guards: Passing drills for our guards. 12 turnovers for Ayo and Andre won't cut it.

Free Tevian! We need another long athlete.

TheAngryBavarian

Charleston/Collinsville
A little bit of a bigger margin than I would have liked, but we're a decent team.

This game was supposed to be a barometer, and I think there are some good things (and not as good things) with these guys.

8 days for the Rainbow Warriors. Rest up, play like we did 1st half and we're 11-2 come New Year's.

This was a game we needed to play. Some good things. We have good individuals. Remains to be seen if we will be a good team. Without Tevian depth is a problem. Turnovers and defense must be corrected. Does Brad run the right offensive and defensive systems? Does he get the most out of the talent we have? We will know better in March.

Didn't someone say Sean Miller "can't coach" the other day? I think the guy can coach just fine by the looks of these freshmen. Wow.
I'm not sure how Sean Miller coached his recruits to be Burger Boys, but sure.

(but BU was outcoached tonight also, it's true)

In my opinion, Arizona just looks really good, I could see them being top 10 all season. Nico Mannion looking like Steve Nash out there.

We got some stuff to clean up, but I think we are still a tourney team.