Austin Clark story, LA Times

Deleted member 654622

D
Who cares
Its actually a big deal considering its an integrity thing. Lovie's whole aura is integrity. Plus this is a big deal as far as recruiting. A lot of guys we are in on are supposedly going to be making a decision soon. Doesn't help us if they are unsure about Austin's future as the DL coach at IL

Its actually a big deal considering its an integrity thing. Lovie's whole aura is integrity. Plus this is a big deal as far as recruiting. A lot of guys we are in on are supposedly going to be making a decision soon. Doesn't help us if they are unsure about Austin's future as the DL coach at IL
The only people unsure about Austin’s future here are some fans on this board.

and punish schools like us. "Since he is not at USC anymore and at Illinois it is only fair we punish Illinois for this."

Although it is true that we always have a bullseye on our foreheads, I think Clay Helton has more to worry about than Lovie Smith.

Deleted member 654622

D
The only people unsure about Austin’s future here are some fans on this board.
That maybe true as far the University goes. But are you trying to say that other colleges are not going to use the situation against our current targets?

Deleted member 631370

D
That maybe true as far the University goes. But are you trying to say that other colleges are not going to use the situation against our current targets?

In fairness, few competitors need to resort to negative recruiting against us. It's just piling on at that point.

I guess they might try. But I don’t really see that having a benefit to said program(s) that try that tactic.