Austin Clark to the Dolphins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tyngsborough, MA
Wonder who we can get to coach the D-line and recruit well?

It appears Rob Marinelli is out in Dallas, does Lovie re-unite with his friend while he waits for another NFL opportunity and then adds another defensive assistant (I believe we have 3 staff positions open DL, Secondary, and DC) to make up for Clark's recruiting? I wouldn't mind a year or two for Rob to mold the talent we have on the line. Just spit balling about a big loss to the program, but one that may allow us to hire higher caliber people if they think they can jump to the NFL after a year or two.

South Carolina
It appears Rob Marinelli is out in Dallas, does Lovie re-unite with his friend while he waits for another NFL opportunity and then adds another defensive assistant (I believe we have 3 staff positions open DL, Secondary, and DC) to make up for Clark's recruiting? I wouldn't mind a year or two for Rob to mold the talent we have on the line. Just spit balling about a big loss to the program, but one that may allow us to hire higher caliber people if they think they can jump to the NFL after a year or two.
I believe the staff can add 2. 1 to replace Clark and 1 that had been available since Lovie took on DC

I'd have to think on that. Not sure I'm crazy about it.

I'd have to think on that. Not sure I'm crazy about it.
Not sure it would be a permanent thing, more of a hire for DL mentorship and maybe a young guy to be !!!. DL Coach and lead recruiter. Again just spit balling, and most coaches like to work with people they know.

Cincinnati, OH
Dave Steckel is out at Missouri State. Wasn't he briefly rumored to be a DC candidate for us last offseason? Could certainly do worse for a DL coach.

I think he would be an excellent hire IF the staff had proven, established recruiters in place at other positions (or if Byrd was leaving and a recruiting-first coach was taking his place). Unless that happens, they are really going to need a proven recruiter to replace Clark.

I am completely assuming Travion Ford is a big target for us. I hope Corey is the lead on his recruitment because this would be a setback

Status
Not open for further replies.