Austin Clark to the Dolphins

Status
Not open for further replies.

mhuml32

Cincinnati, OH
Austin Clark just got hired by the Dolphins... Big loss? Feels like it might be.

Not ideal. I know there have been some complaints about the d-line performance, but he was one of the bright spots for recruiting.

Wonder who we can get to coach the D-line and recruit well?

It appears Rob Marinelli is out in Dallas, does Lovie re-unite with his friend while he waits for another NFL opportunity and then adds another defensive assistant (I believe we have 3 staff positions open DL, Secondary, and DC) to make up for Clark's recruiting? I wouldn't mind a year or two for Rob to mold the talent we have on the line. Just spit balling about a big loss to the program, but one that may allow us to hire higher caliber people if they think they can jump to the NFL after a year or two.

It appears Rob Marinelli is out in Dallas, does Lovie re-unite with his friend while he waits for another NFL opportunity and then adds another defensive assistant (I believe we have 3 staff positions open DL, Secondary, and DC) to make up for Clark's recruiting? I wouldn't mind a year or two for Rob to mold the talent we have on the line. Just spit balling about a big loss to the program, but one that may allow us to hire higher caliber people if they think they can jump to the NFL after a year or two.
I believe the staff can add 2. 1 to replace Clark and 1 that had been available since Lovie took on DC

I'd have to think on that. Not sure I'm crazy about it.

If you hired Marinelli your other 2 hires would have to be home run recruiters, like smash the ball 3 miles out of the park home run recruiters.

That's why I'm not crazy about it.

Kudos for thinking out the box on it though Lincoln. And it isn't the worst idea I've ever heard.

How does he even get this job???? Our DL didn't even improve under him.

I believe the staff can add 2. 1 to replace Clark and 1 that had been available since Lovie took on DC
Someone (Drew?) posted on here a little while back that all ten positions were filled and listed them. There should only be one opening at the moment.

mhuml32

Cincinnati, OH
If you hired Marinelli your other 2 hires would have to be home run recruiters, like smash the ball 3 miles out of the park home run recruiters.

Screen Shot 2020-01-09 at 11.30.45 AM.png

"You need a recruiter?"

I'd have to think on that. Not sure I'm crazy about it.
Not sure it would be a permanent thing, more of a hire for DL mentorship and maybe a young guy to be !!!. DL Coach and lead recruiter. Again just spit balling, and most coaches like to work with people they know.

mhuml32

Cincinnati, OH
Dave Steckel is out at Missouri State. Wasn't he briefly rumored to be a DC candidate for us last offseason? Could certainly do worse for a DL coach.

I think he would be an excellent hire IF the staff had proven, established recruiters in place at other positions (or if Byrd was leaving and a recruiting-first coach was taking his place). Unless that happens, they are really going to need a proven recruiter to replace Clark.

Deleted member 654622

D
Austin Clark just got hired by the Dolphins... Big loss? Feels like it might be.
I am really dumbfounded by this. Is it possible that our DLine was so freeking bad that Austin brought them from terrible to mediocre?

Deleted member 654622

D
I am completely assuming Travion Ford is a big target for us. I hope Corey is the lead on his recruitment because this would be a setback

Status
Not open for further replies.