Austin Clark to the Dolphins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoppy2105

Little Rock, Arkansas
A buddy of mine said Regis Benn tweeted out a pretty negative tweet about how “coaches put themselves first” and “this is why we can’t build our program.” Did anyone else see it?

It’s since been deleted, I think.

A nice opportunity for Clark that reflects positively on the program. This is a setback only if Lovie fails to replace him with someone good.

Deleted member 654622

D
Everything can be seen as a possibility. I think it is clear we need a recruiter. I am interested to know what everyone would like as far as recruiting ties. Austin was a Florida guy. But so is Hudson. I don't know how to put a poll up, but if I could, it would be between:

Florida
Georgia
Chicago
Indiana
St. Louis
Texas

Am not putting California in there since I don't think we have a legit shot to get those kids to come to country ville Illinois.

Everything can be seen as a possibility. I think it is clear we need a recruiter. I am interested to know what everyone would like as far as recruiting ties. Austin was a Florida guy. But so is Hudson. I don't know how to put a poll up, but if I could, it would be between:

Florida
Georgia
Chicago
Indiana
St. Louis
Texas

Am not putting California in there since I don't think we have a legit shot to get those kids to come to country ville Illinois.

I think we already have several California guys, Milo, Ware, Matt Robinson. I don't see why we couldn't get some more, it's not like USC and UCLA are lighting up college football right now.

No connection to Lovie that I know of and don't really know anything about him other than what I just read eating lunch at my desk, but Randall Joyner D-Line coach from SMU, looked interesting. Young guy who played at SMU. Only been assistant for 2 years (we know Lovie likes those guys with little experience) -- DE coach in 2018 and DL coach in 2019. Was a grad assistant at Ohio St. 247 shows him having some recruits last two years. Probably knows Texas pretty well. And SMU was second in nation in sacks this year. Might be a scheme thing as their sack leader was a safety, but second with 10.5 (plus 3 forced fumbles) was a DE and third with 5.5 was a DT. In all SMU D-lineman had something like 33 sacks last year. Other thing that jumped out was that they basically doubled the number of sacks they had this year compared to last year. Now they did get a new DC prior to last year, so might be a situation where took a year to really get defense installed, but that is a heck of an increase in sacks.

DrewD007

Woodridge, IL
I believe the staff can add 2. 1 to replace Clark and 1 that had been available since Lovie took on DC
Someone (Drew?) posted on here a little while back that all ten positions were filled and listed them. There should only be one opening at the moment.

Correct. 1 vacant spot now.

OC/QB: Rod Smith
RB: Mike Bellamy
WR: Andrew Hayes-Stoker
TE: Cory Patterson
OL: Bob McClain
DL: Vacant
LB: Miles Smith
CB: Keynodo Hudson
S: Gill Byrd
ST: Bob Ligashesky

Hardy Nickerson was DC/LB and Miles took over LB and Lovie took over DC.

Deleted member 654622

D
I think we already have several California guys, Milo, Ware, Matt Robinson. I don't see why we couldn't get some more, it's not like USC and UCLA are lighting up college football right now.
eh not really the type of talent I was referring to

No connection to Lovie that I know of and don't really know anything about him other than what I just read eating lunch at my desk, but Randall Joyner D-Line coach from SMU, looked interesting. Young guy who played at SMU. Only been assistant for 2 years (we know Lovie likes those guys with little experience) -- DE coach in 2018 and DL coach in 2019. Was a grad assistant at Ohio St. 247 shows him having some recruits last two years. Probably knows Texas pretty well. And SMU was second in nation in sacks this year. Might be a scheme thing as their sack leader was a safety, but second with 10.5 (plus 3 forced fumbles) was a DE and third with 5.5 was a DT. In all SMU D-lineman had something like 33 sacks last year. Other thing that jumped out was that they basically doubled the number of sacks they had this year compared to last year. Now they did get a new DC prior to last year, so might be a situation where took a year to really get defense installed, but that is a heck of an increase in sacks.

Hard to envision him taking our job. His recruiting prowess is gonna get him bigger offers down the line.

Hard to envision him taking our job. His recruiting prowess is gonna get him bigger offers down the line.

I know it's not this simple, but for whoever they decide is this guy--Joyner or somebody else--they should do whatever it takes to go get him. I'm thinking of options like offering up titles such as Co-DC or run-game coordinator to sweeten the deal, along with a $150,000-$200,000 raise over whatever your top candidates for the job are currently making.

To me this hire is different than all previous ones made by Lovie and this staff. The program is growing, you have great facilities now, and the team is coming off of its first season showing some real growth and momentum. With Clark having been the team's best or second-best recruiter and a lot of the 2020 commits being his DL guys, you have to make a fantastic hire here. And that may mean offering those incentives outlined above.

Deleted member 654622

D
I know it's not this simple, but for whoever they decide is this guy--Joyner or somebody else--they should do whatever it takes to go get him. I'm thinking of options like offering up titles such as Co-DC or run-game coordinator to sweeten the deal, along with a $150,000-$200,000 raise over whatever your top candidates for the job are currently making.

To me this hire is different than all previous ones made by Lovie and this staff. The program is growing, you have great facilities now, and the team is coming off of its first season showing some real growth and momentum. With Clark having been the team's best or second-best recruiter and a lot of the 2020 commits being his DL guys, you have to make a fantastic hire here. And that may mean offering those incentives outlined above.
I am really worried the hire is going to come from within the organization again. I really don't want that

Throwing a name out there. Dustin Royston from Middle Tenn. Defensive Line/Recruiting Coordinator, played at GA 09-12, coached at a Nashville high school 13-15, was at Bama for 2 years, then MTSU the last three. Also Named to 247Sports 30 under 30 in 2019.

Frank Okam?? Young, from Texas and, had a pretty good dline at Baylor. Doesn't look like he has a job since Rhule has left for the NFL.

Who’s on the short list?

I couldn’t say, I’d leave that to people more in tune with those things like 0440 but the names I’m hearing are tied to areas we plan to heavily prioritize recruiting wise.

And they’re not in Texas.

ivwilsoniv

Aurora, IL
I couldn’t say, I’d leave that to people more in tune with those things like 0440 but the names I’m hearing are tied to areas we plan to heavily prioritize recruiting wise.

And they’re not in Texas.
Indiana maybe? Wasn't that mentioned previously?

Status
Not open for further replies.