Ayo Dosunmu (2018 PG) commits to Illinois

BirdDog9048

The Chief Lives
Chicago, IL
Well, the headline is technically true? I dunno, somebody dropped the ball here. Wake can't be too fond of this title.
According to 247, Kansas is the biggest program that offered him, so technically, it's correct... which is the best kind of correct.

KrushCow31

Former Krush Cow
Chicago, IL
His composite is 4 stars. Can you really complain about them using that?

I commented on this earlier. 247's rankings seem to be extremely hit or miss. Ayo at 30 seems like utter crap. THT at 165 is literally 111 spots behind Rivals. Who does their rankings? They should be fired. Nolley is 119 on 247 vs 57 on Rivals.

Using 247 composite puts 247's rankings on par with Rivals rankings at a 1:1 ratio. I think that is crap, and that 247 rankings are crap.

There are 164 players better than THT in this recruiting cycle? Garbage.

Just getting started

Attachments

• 200w_d.gif
    200w_d.gif
    101.1 KB · Views: 405

Deleted member 633632

D
Except uhhh.... he's not... :confused:

Why because 24/7 said so? :hand:

Rivals & Scout got it right, but it ain't even about that. The writers in our State just need to give us the respect we deserve. & Ayo too! ����

CoalCity

St Paul, MN
Sounds way more impressive that he chose us over KU than over Wake. What's the beef? Worried about Wake fans feelings? They're salty already, who cares?

Deleted member 633632

D
I commented on this earlier. 247's rankings seem to be extremely hit or miss. Ayo at 30 seems like utter crap. THT at 165 is literally 111 spots behind Rivals. Who does their rankings? They should be fired. Nolley is 119 on 247 vs 57 on Rivals.

Using 247 composite puts 247's rankings on par with Rivals rankings at a 1:1 ratio. I think that is crap, and that 247 rankings are crap.

+1 :thumb:

mattcoldagelli

The Transfer Portal
Sad commentary that we have more than one potential culprit behind a negative interaction between a recruit and Illinois press.

Well from the way it reads it's also not certain that it was an Illinois guy.

Remember that MSU dude that showed up at Mark Smith's house? :tsk:

sdfidaho

Boise, Idaho
Sad commentary that we have more than one potential culprit behind a negative interaction between a recruit and Illinois press.

I hope not.
I can only think of one that would fall under the "scary" column, but who nows these days

SalukiIllini

Evansville, IN
It doesn’t say who it is but it does infer that it’s someone they shouldn’t be messing with. Hope that helps.

Deleted member 631370

D

Ayo at #27 is fair, IMO. His jump shot is what holds him back from being a top 10 or top 15 prospect. If he develops a more conventional jump shot, then he's a can't-miss top-20 kid.

THT at #165 is utterly ridiculous. Even if he commits to Iowa State -- which is what I'm expecting -- he's a clear top-75 kid in my view.

I think Rivals is more accurate on those two, at least. Overall though? Eh, don't really know. I guess it doesn't matter to me all that much. I'm more interested in what other schools really want a recruit. to me, that's the measure of their value.

Good article but no mention of Damonte. DW looked very good before injury. Sounds like his motor and effort are on full display at scrimmage.

Sounds like he's playing to prove himself. Good! We've missed that sort of player and that sort of culture. Ayo sounds like he's cut from a similar mold, attitude-wise.

This is just sensational news all around. Glad Ayo committed to Illinois! So happy