Ayo Dosunmu has big decision to make about NBA

He was probably six inches from tearing knee ligaments vs Michigan State. That would have taken him out of the draft completely and would have threatened his career.

The risk/reward is a personal decision. I don't think the risk is worth it if being drafted or playing professionally next year is in the cards.
If he is a sure fire first round pick then I agree, leave now. Definitely don't want to risk injury if you are getting drafted. But right now as it stands, not only is he not graded as a first rounder, but he might not get drafted at all. If he doesn't mind playing overseas for a few years, then the possibility of him getting injured isn't going to cause teams overseas from giving him a chance.

No one wants Ayo to succeed more at the next level then I do. I absolutely love his attitude and the way he plays the game. I just also do not want this to be a Darius Washington Jr 2.0 situation where he leaves earlier then needed and we never hear his name again.

Professional Social Distancer
Virginia
If he is a sure fire first round pick then I agree, leave now. Definitely don't want to risk injury if you are getting drafted. But right now as it stands, not only is he not graded as a first rounder, but he might not get drafted at all. If he doesn't mind playing overseas for a few years, then the possibility of him getting injured isn't going to cause teams overseas from giving him a chance.

No one wants Ayo to succeed more at the next level then I do. I absolutely love his attitude and the way he plays the game. I just also do not want this to be a Darius Washington Jr 2.0 situation where he leaves earlier then needed and we never hear his name again.
Who?

Springfield
What is the consensus about how Adam Miller might respond to Ayo returning? Think he'd still sign on the dotted line?
From his tweets...he is going to sign in April regardless of what Ayo does...and might be wanting Ayo to stay another year and play with him. Who knows for sure but it seems he is trying to convince all that he will be a Fighting Illini hoopster next year?

From his tweets...he is going to sign in April regardless of what Ayo does...and might be wanting Ayo to stay another year and play with him. Who knows for sure but it seems he is trying to convince all that he will be a Fighting Illini hoopster next year?
He could benefit from playing a year against/with Ayo.

He could benefit from playing a year against/with Ayo.
I know (or at least hope) that you meant against our guys in practice, but seeing that gave me the chills. Let's hope he stays the course and signs with us in the spring.

I know its an open secret about Miller being tied to Ayo leaving/staying in the past, but has there been any change on that front?

Whether Ayo is playing for the Illini next season or pursuing his dream in the NBA, I will be cheering for him. Calm about the decision he has to make. Thankful for what he has done to help inject hope and excitement back into the program. For the program and fan base, I see his decision as a win/win.

Go Illini

I know its an open secret about Miller being tied to Ayo leaving/staying in the past, but has there been any change on that front?
Old message board (primarily prem) that has quietly gone away.