Ayo Dosunmu has big decision to make about NBA

Read several yrs ago that only 15% of second round picks make it. Not sure if still true but it seems like there are a few elite players and a lot of very good ones that turn over very frequently. Have often thought it is why college basketball is so competitive and rankings between 50-150 don’t mean a lot as the differences are often lost in the system they are playing in as well as the coaching.

Don't think that's even close to correct.

"Of the 132 college players selected in the second round of the last six NBA drafts, 91 of them — or 68.9 percent — received at least a one-year guaranteed NBA contract, meaning they had at least one season where they made the NBA’s minimum salary. This past season, the NBA minimum for a rookie was $815,615, a number that will continue to rise as the NBA’s salary cap rises. "

philcon

Plano, TX
Two months ago I would have said that there is no way that Ayo comes back. Now....I think it's 65/35 that he does come back. I just hope that doesn't push Miller away. Hopefully he looks at the 2005 Illinois run and realizes how far we can go with 3 quality bad !!! guards.

Two months ago I would have said that there is no way that Ayo comes back. Now....I think it's 65/35 that he does come back. I just hope that doesn't push Miller away. Hopefully he looks at the 2005 Illinois run and realizes how far we can go with 3 quality bad !!! guards.

Miller's coming regardless of Ayo's decision. Miller is not coming if Ayo stays was merely message board rumors, primarily Scout.

Think it's more 50/50 for Ayo right now. Kid truly doesn't know yet. He is going to have to make a tough call, I sure wouldn't want to be in his position.

Miller is 1000% coming no matter what.

Think it's more 50/50 for Ayo right now. Kid truly doesn't know yet. He is going to have to make a tough call, I sure wouldn't want to be in his position.

Miller is 1000% coming no matter what.

Fingers crossed. It is a huge decision. If he decides to leave, we all need to respect it and root for his NBA success. If he comes back, we have our. best team since 05 and a legit shot at finally getting that National Title.

Miller's coming regardless of Ayo's decision. Miller is not coming if Ayo stays was merely message board rumors, primarily Scout.
I always found it interesting that he committed after signing day. I'm sure he wanted to see what the team was gonna do, but I just saw more than that. I also know that he is not coming to be a 6th man.

if he is in anything above 40 gotta think he tests waters but comes back. Same with Fitts

if he is in anything above 40 gotta think he tests waters but comes back. Same with Fitts

Players beg teams not to draft them in the 50-60 range. Agents/Players say they are much better off being an UDFA so they can negotiate with all the teams rather than just one team.

Ayo seems to be outside to top 40 in a bunch of mocks. Gotta think it's making him think. Best of luck to him!!

Fingers crossed. It is a huge decision. If he decides to leave, we all need to respect it and root for his NBA success. If he comes back, we have our. best team since 05 and a legit shot at finally getting that National Title.
Yep, I agree. Good luck to Ayo, one of my favorite Illini ever. He got us back to where we belong just like he said he would. #TheCloser

I told people over there repeatedly that Miller is coming and that that rumor was a bunch of bull.

Yep, ranks right up there with " Walker was moved aside due to recruiting violations", or how about AG's Mom wants him to play PG. :)