Ayo Dosunmu in the Jordan Brand Classic

Oldtoysrock

Sarasota, Florida
Congrats to Ayo! That’s a pretty impressive group of players he’s a part of. Also so pleased that his enthusiasm to be wearing O & B next year hasn’t wained in any way after the transfer of MS. I get more excited every day to have him be part of the team.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Agree, and looks like Duke could share some of those players with other schools, they don't need as many as they're getting. ;)

Agree, and looks like Duke could share some of those players with other schools, they don't need as many as they're getting. ;)

Yeah... I think they have the top 3 recruits for 2018? Really annoying.

I’m curious if anyone ever analyzed a top five recruit who went to a blue blood vs another school and see how they fared as a draft pick.

Deleted member 10500

D
I think Zion Williamson needs to give some of his weight to Ayo!

The sideways numbers on those uniforms are ridiculous. May as well just be upside down

Last edited:
I'm also glad Tyler Herro decommitted from Whisconsin to go to Kentucky. He wouldn't have been fun to play against.

PJD86

Texas
Ayo has 5 points at the end of the 1st half. He will be great on the break. Jump shot is a work in progress. He had a few nice assists. It’s hard to judge in a game like this... everyone is more or less showboating

I agree with this take, it has degraded into showboat one on one central especially the second half.

I too went back to the Masters because I've seen more defense played at the 6 AM run at Lifetime Fitness. That game was brutal, I don't take anything away from a game like that as far as anyone's actual ability to play in a competitive basketball game. Congrats to the kids that made it...I'm sure it was fun to play in. i saw the sideways numbers on the practice jersey's of a shot of Ayo and thought "Weird they made that type of printing error on a high profile game".....did they think everyone watch the game was laying down with their head on the side or something?

TownieMatt

CU Expat
Chicago
These things devolve into dunk contests for the most athletic players. That's not Ayo's game. I remember watching this event a few years back then JCL was in it. It was the same thing for him—he wasn't going to throw down windmill dunks, so he didn't get to show much.

I will say, the thing that struck me most was Ayo's size. I remember watching JCL and thinking how outmatched he was physically. Not the case for Ayo. He's got the size and length to fit right in. I'm excited about the prospect of our backcourt of Trent, Ayo, Griffin, Jones, etc. getting steals and running the break.

Peoria Illini

Peoria, IL
Yeah, Ayo hardly touched the ball from what I saw in the 2nd half. Did have that nice highlight alley oop to the LSU kid though.