Ayo Dosunmu, Kofi Cockburn return for 2020-2021 season

JJE

Bethalto, IL
I am very excited that Ayo is back. At the same time I am sorry he has to put his NBA dreams on hold. One day at a time. One dream at a time. National Championship for Ayo and Co.
Same feeling here. You see a guy take a chance on us when most guys wouldn't and giving it everything he's got. I hope he is rewarded for his hard work.

This maybe the strongest team with the most depth of any team in recent history. The coaching staff must be smiling ear to ear. Their job is going to be tough. Can’t wait for the season to start.
The 2000 & 2001 teams were stacked 1-10. Thought this team may have better top level talent, but that team had multiple NBA players too. Would be really fun to watch that team against this team, they had the big boys and toughness to throw at Kofi and had guards that could score. Not sure who would win.

Wow! I thought for sure Ayo was gone!

A couple thoughts... assuming there will be a season...
1. We'll be really good even if Kofi declares, but ... don't do that big guy!
2. Alan Griffin must be choking his mom right now about convincing him to leave
3. Has there ever been a national champion with 0 players having played in the NCAA tourney? That would be us if we win it all
4. BU might just have the horses to run that pressure defense he started with in spurts... that might be a game changer in close ones!
5. Please, Please go away Covid-19!!!!!

Who do we lose to?

what’s our non-con look like? I assume whoever we play in nicevill FL will be our toughest non-con and then road games in the states of Iowa and Michigan (and maybe indiana/wisconsin) will be our toughest conference matchups. We probably matchup with like the 5th team in the ACC so it’ll be tough but totally winnable. We should steam roll in St Louis...

WINT

Kewanee, IL
what’s our non-con look like? I assume whoever we play in nicevill FL will be our toughest non-con and then road games in the states of Iowa and Michigan (and maybe indiana/wisconsin) will be our toughest conference matchups. We probably matchup with like the 5th team in the ACC so it’ll be tough but totally winnable. We should steam roll in St Louis...
Zona @ home

Trent
Ace
Ayo
DMFW
Kofi

Curbelo(not starting over senior Trent)
Hutch
JG
Hawkins/BBV
Giorgi

Expecting big things!

3 guards spots, 120 minutes per game, with 4 guys likely to do the heavy lifting: Ayo, Curbelo, Trent, Acewolf. DMW will have a role given his defense, his taking care of the ball, and ability to guard multiple positions. It's a question in my mind what that translates into minutes, though. In some ways the freshman will have less pressure on them, as both Trent and Ayo are capable of handling big minutes if they can't step up right away. In the long run, they'll have to compete for how many minutes they get, and that should push them. Pretty exciting having that kind of talent on the roster.

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
He is special...and I've been one of his most vocal fans here, including a hot take that he will have the longest NBA career of anyone currently on our roster.

That said...he's not starting over Trent, Ayo, Miller, or DMFW. You can say it as many times as you want...if everyone is healthy...it's not happening. Even if BU goes with a 4 guard lineup.

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
I just don't know who he replaces. Gun to my head...Curbelo starts before Miller.

Curbelo going to play major minutes posdibly clise games. Ball handeling and play making are a premium, he should reduce our turnovets from ladt year