Ayo Dosunmu: MRI showed no structural damage

Wow! I wonder what his timeline is now for getting back on the court.

I'll take a guess and say the Northwestern game on the 27th. Knee hypertensions can still take like 2+ weeks for swelling and pain to subside, and it would be unwise to push it given the point in the season (and given the fact that it seems he dodged a bullet). Not a doctor though

I Bomb

Stylin' and Profilin'
glad to hear it. wish he would've gotten his chance at another dagger

I know some have speculated hype-extended knee, but really no official word, yet. He sounded rather upbeat in his tweet, hopefully much better than anticipated and see him on the court soon.

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
Two to four weeks if it's a Grade 1-2 sprain.

My specific prayer was for a mild knee sprain.

Great news. He came back to get the team to tourney, and it would have been terrible if he couldnā€™t enjoy the experience too.

JFGsCoffeeMug

BU:1 Trash cans:0
Chicago
I'm predicting Ayo will return with even more fire than before. He went through the entire process of thinking his season and college career might have ended last night. He's going to be grateful to step onto the court again and ready to make every remaining moment count.

Lead us on a deep tournament run, Ayo. You can do it.

sbillini

st petersburg, fl
last night, about 4 minutes before tipoff, my wife called me (she's on the road for work). A phone call from her right before an Illini game means it's important (she wouldn't call just for fun at a time like that...she knows I'm not going to be paying attention), so I immediately answered. Her aunt was admitted to the ICU due to a medical condition, and they weren't sure how bad it was.

It was a real bummer, and I really lost focus on the game, though I still watched it. Even when we were getting our butts kicked, it was a little relief from the stress of knowing a sick family member and not being able to do much. Then what happened to Ayo was a second kick in the gut.

This morning, we found out that she's stabilized and is actually doing a bit better. Certainly not out of the woods, but a positive step. Then this news on Ayo. Really, it's been the best possible result of the day after yesterday.

It's crazy how much of a rollercoaster life can be. Really happy for Ayo and his family, and Illini nation has his back! Now going to work for more positive days just like i'm sure Ayo and the team will.

:illinois:

chiefini

Rockford, Illinois
last night, about 4 minutes before tipoff, my wife called me (she's on the road for work). A phone call from her right before an Illini game means it's important (she wouldn't call just for fun at a time like that...she knows I'm not going to be paying attention), so I immediately answered. Her aunt was admitted to the ICU due to a medical condition, and they weren't sure how bad it was.

It was a real bummer, and I really lost focus on the game, though I still watched it. Even when we were getting our butts kicked, it was a little relief from the stress of knowing a sick family member and not being able to do much. Then what happened to Ayo was a second kick in the gut.

This morning, we found out that she's stabilized and is actually doing a bit better. Certainly not out of the woods, but a positive step. Then this news on Ayo. Really, it's been the best possible result of the day after yesterday.

It's crazy how much of a rollercoaster life can be. Really happy for Ayo and his family, and Illini nation has his back! Now going to work for more positive days just like i'm sure Ayo and the team will.

:illinois:
Sbillini, so happy for the best possible outcome for both your family and Ayoā€™s family...prayers answered...šŸ§”šŸ’™