Ayo Dosunmu on the USA Basketball U18 National Team

breadman

Herndon, VA
I knew everyone down here could score, so I though coaches would be looking for someone who could play defense and play other positions, Dosunmu said. I picked my man up full court.

I saw this too. The sooner you get that defensive mind set into your psyche, the better we will be this next season!! Good for Ayo!!!

This is outstanding. Reward for ability and hard work and now gets to represent the Country.

ILL in IA

Iowa City
Here's the USA BB link:

https://www.usab.com/news-events/news/2018/06/mu18-team.aspx

Old Bill sporting orange!

De9LhWWUcAAXHq2

The only thing that could take my eyes off the rug on that guy's head was the bright orange shirt.

I love how he has come to the realization that defense and wanting to play it well is what can differentiate him from others and potentially other freshman in NCAA moving forward. Very mature and high IQ of him. I think it will only pay dividends for illini moving forward!

Deleted member 29907

D
Self is looking kind of weird. Has he had any facial work done? He looks like a different person than I remember.

I think the face is aging but the hair remains the same. Gives a Marv Albert kind of flavor...

Peoria Illini

Peoria, IL
Doesnt help he's put on a solid 50 lbs since the move to Lawrence.

Not very hard to do when you've won how many frickin' Big 12 championships in a row? And a National Title... And in the Hall of Fame.

Good job to Bill Self. Great coach! Loved him during his time at Illinois. Too bad we lost him to Kansas so soon.

That guy in the orange above is not Bill Self. That doesn't look like him at all.

The only thing that could take my eyes off the rug on that guy's head was the bright orange shirt.

I came for the news about Ayo... left the page with the memory of pudgy Bill Self and his Hair Club For Men Mullet burned in my mind forever. #FearTheMullet #NotinKansasAnymore #MississippiMudFlap #BusinessOnTopPartyOnBack

Congrats to Ayo! And I really can't wait to watch him as an Illini later this year.