Ayo Dosunmu on the USA Basketball U18 National Team

Love hearing all this noise about Ayo's improved jumper. Far better to hear it from outside pundits than rumors from Illinois' team practices.

A first for Ayo, no # 11 and it's the first time I've seen his first name of Quamdeen.

Last edited:
Glad to hear positive news, especially about Ayo. During the season felt we would be much stronger the following year. The loss of Ebo is near a low point.

blackdog

Champaign

"One of the intriguing storylines will involve Illinois commit Ayo Dosunmu and his re-worked perimeter jumper. A known scorer who was always streaky with his jumper in the past, Dosunmu has completely overhauled his shot since the end of March and the high school season. Now sporting a full follow through and a higher release, Dosunmu’s jumper looked way better than before as it’s a skill that has given him added confidence as a scorer. With Illinois counting on its highest-rated recruit so much for the upcoming 2018-19 season, if Dosunmu has a decent perimeter jumper, it could make him one the Big Ten’s most dangerous threats."

That sounds beautiful if true.

PostersLastStand

Wayne County, IL
I hope Ayo gets a lot of exprience playing a a higher level than high school, he will need it. I see Coach Underwood depending on him. I always like Coach Self, maybe some exposure to different Coachs will also benefit him. Soak it in Ayo, bring to the Illini.

Ayo showing some nice all around moves in this game.

On back-to-back plays he took the ball from the inbounds all the way in for an easy layup. Then at the other end he grabbed the rebound, brought it up and with a sweet no-look pass found his man in the corner for a wide-open 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is no doubt in my military mind that Ayo is going to be special in the Orange and Blue.

He will flourish coming into to a talented team- Hook him up with Jordan for the perfect spot up 3 point shot -Factor in Frazier who can create from a dime and this has the potential to be the best back court in the nation.

Illinois basketball is going to surprise a lot of teams this year.

Last edited:
Ayo showing some nice all around moves in this game.

On back-to-back plays he took the ball from the inbounds all the way in for an easy layup. Then at the other end he grabbed the rebound, brought it up and with a sweet no-look pass found his man in the corner for a wide-open 3.

For anyone who didn’t see this sequence, someone just posted a clip of it on the Loyalty homepage.

giphy.gif
Better passer than the #2 alltime NBA assist leader?

cabmaker

eastern IA
nice numbers for ayo. What has not been posted is how many minutes did he play in the first game does anyone know?