Ayo Dosunmu on the USA Basketball U18 National Team

KrushCow31

Former Krush Cow
Chicago, IL
Seems to be very little interest in these games. Looks like mostly family in the stands and less than 500 you-tube views?

Deleted member 654622

D
Well its not really entertaining watching USA walking over kids 6 inches shorter than them.

BillyBob1

Champaign
They showed Self on the sideline. His suits really hide his gut. Looks like he’s trying to catch Jerrance.

breadman

Herndon, VA
Amen. I'd consider anyone an old timer who used the old WIMPE before it became CRCE. :thumb:

Man I sure do remember the old IMPE. What really got me was the piercing water shoots from the shower heads. Felt like the water was digging into my skin!

I'm ashamed that I don't know this, but is it pronounced A-owe, or I-owe? Or something else?

Getting ahead of ourselves, if its I-Owe, I'm dreaming of some new variant on the I-L-L cheer. ("I-L-L, I-O!" works, but somebody will do better.)

You guys got me literally looking up routes now. I think I have a new dream road trip to take.

I know my wife went chicago to ixtapa Mexico in high school. 30 hours.

Edit: unfortunately there doesn’t appear to be a road that connects Colombia to Panama on google maps

Last edited:
Yeah, the Darien Gap is about as wild as it gets. It's known as the most dangerous place in the Western Hemisphere. It has been crossed by 4wd groups and on foot. Hiring a local guide is necessary and not cheap. Safest way though is by ferry from Colon, Panama to Cartagena, Columbia, $700-$800 for a vehicle and 2 people.

It's not a trip you can or should do in a couple weeks. More like two or three months,even longer. If you are going to go through the expense of outfitting an Overland vehicle you may as well use it to explore the places and people all along the way. Personally I'd spend very little time on the PA Hwy, outside of necessity. It sure is beautiful down there and I'd want to see as much of it as possible. I'd go right to the tip of SA, Cape Horn and maybe take a boat trip within sight of Antarctica.

Crossing the straits of Meggelen and being near the Antartic circle was cool.

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
You would have to pay me stupid money to drive anywhere down there.
I was unfortunate enough to have a limo ride from San Pedro Sula to Tegucigalpa, Honduras eight or ten years ago, and I can't believe I lived through it.
If I was actually driving, I would have pulled over after a couple of miles and just curled up in the fetal position.
That might be the most dangerous stretch of road in Central America, and that was before those cities became murder capitals of the world.

There were buses, like tour buses, passing us on two lane mountain roads at over 50mph. On blind curves.

The Amalfi Coast was like a walk in the park in comparison.

It's easily the most frightened I've ever been in my life.

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
That sounds typical for many places I've been, lol. It does take some getting used to, I will have to admit. My first experience was on an open bus in the Philippines traversing mountainous jungle areas.

The cool thing is though, if you are overlanding, the majority of the time you are just leisurely cruising along barely travelled roads in the middle of nature most of the time, or along pristine beaches, or crossing streams in the mountains or high plateaus. It doesn't get any better then that!

That sounds WAY better! The jungle/nature is way safer! I think I asked the driver at least 5 times "is there a back way?":huh: