B1G All-Conference Awards

Based on 247 sports rankings, Kofi should be pre-season all B!G freshman. And the year after that Adam Miller.:)

Matthews of Michigan shut out of coaches poll...a little surprising not even honorable mention, except in media poll

Matthews of Michigan shut out of coaches poll...a little surprising not even honorable mention, except in media poll

Advanced metrics would confirm this. TRank has him at #47 in the B!G. Not that the coaches nor media would use advanced metrics.

Deleted member 182960

D
When’s the last time we had an all Big 10 first team selection?

Nice! Fwiw, I might give Giorgi team mvp. I'm also a little surprised Ayo made it, given his unremarkable 1.4 assist to turnover ratio. Hoping for better from him next year.

Nice! Fwiw, I might give Giorgi team mvp. I'm also a little surprised Ayo made it, given his unremarkable 1.4 assist to turnover ratio. Hoping for better from him next year.

You couldn't just let him have his due, and rag on him tomorrow?

This is the main reason I dont think he turns pro. He's a good scorer, but thats basically it. If he can show he can be a sound PG, his value is much, much higher. Another year would only help. I didn't see the defensive juggernaut he was supposed to be. Also very surprised he made the HM

This is the main reason I dont think he turns pro. He's a good scorer, but thats basically it. If he can show he can be a sound PG, his value is much, much higher. Another year would only help. I didn't see the defensive juggernaut he was supposed to be. Also very surprised he made the HM

At 14+ points per game, almost 37% from 3 and almost 44% from the field, so he was efficient. Plus the big shots he hit, like those v MSU, I'm not surprised. He also averaged over 4 rebounds/game and over a steal/game. Happy to see our underclassmen back court duo both made HM All B1G. Well done guys. Keep making strides and we can win big next year with Kofi on boards to solidify the front court, hopefully January and Higgs as well to add to the great numbers Giorgi put up.

I agree, Ayo needs work to get to the League. He's well on his way, but needs to continue the development.

Last edited:
You couldn't just let him have his due, and rag on him tomorrow?

You caught me. I was trying to subtly congratulate him, but at the same time remind him that he might not yet be ready to go pro. By the way, I only meant that I was surprised he was all B1G honorable mention. Not surprised he got freshman honors, and think he fully deserved that.

You caught me. I was trying to subtly congratulate him, but at the same time remind him that he might not yet be ready to go pro. By the way, I only meant that I was surprised he was all B1G honorable mention. Not surprised he got freshman honors, and think he fully deserved that.

You were trying to neg him?

Ransom Stoddard

Ordained Dudeist Priest
Bloomington, IL
Because he cares what forum posters think?