B1G Tournament Bracketology

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing I just noticed- Iowa will be rooting for us to beat PU. If we win, they get the double bye. If we lose, they need OSU to beat Wisconsin tomorrow for them to get the double bye- otherwise Purdue gets it.
And at this point I doubt Purdue wants the double bye even if they win today.

New York
And at this point I doubt Purdue wants the double bye even if they win today.

Why not? I think they'd want it. Pretty sure they're in if they beat us, and a loss in the 4/5 game is not bad. Winning the 5/12 or 6/11 wouldn't really do much for them. I guess it will give them an opportunity to get warm and get used to the courts before a tougher Friday matchup

Why not? I think they'd want it. Pretty sure they're in if they beat us, and a loss in the 4/5 game is not bad. Winning the 5/12 or 6/11 wouldn't really do much for them. I guess it will give them an opportunity to get warm and get used to the courts before a tougher Friday matchup
They need as many wins as possible. The list of at large teams with RPIs to get selected and avoid the first 4 has to be pretty short. 1-1 and I imagine their RPI would still be there. With a win today and another win vs whoever and they have a decent chance of avoiding the first 4 even.

They need as many wins as possible. The list of at large teams with RPIs to get selected and avoid the first 4 has to be pretty short. 1-1 and I imagine their RPI would still be there. With a win today and another win vs whoever and they have a decent chance of avoiding the first 4 even.
Beating one of the bottom 4 B1G teams doesn't help their RPI or resume.

Evansville, IN
So after the first two B1G games of the day (Iowa win over NW, MSU win over Indiana) here's what that chart looks like:

It's this simple now: beat Purdue and you're the 7th seed, lose and you're the 8th against Michigan in the 8-9 game.
This work is a thing of beauty. Thank you.

:alma-mater:

Beating one of the bottom 4 B1G teams doesn't help their RPI or resume.
It does help their rpi. It's another neutral court win.

Edit:Looks like another neutral court win over a Northwestern caliber team is worth about 4 or 5 spots in the RPI which would be huge for their resume.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.