Baltimore politician demands Ravens silence linebacker for supporting gay marriage

Chicago
It's a joke...relax.
And Palin uses a crosshair and then gets blamed for instilling a culture of violence when Gifford gets shot. Is it okay to joke about violence in the political culture or not?

Southeast IL
And Palin uses a crosshair and then gets blamed for instilling a culture of violence when Gifford gets shot. Is it okay to joke about violence in the political culture or not?
if it makes a republican look bad then yes its ok. if it makes a democrat look bad then no its not ok.

or at least thats how a few people in track 5 think.

if it makes a republican look bad then yes its ok. if it makes a democrat look bad then no its not ok.

or at least thats how a few people in track 5 think.
You being one of them if it was the other way around.:laugh:

I've never made a comment about that one way or the other so that's irrelevant when discussing my comment.

Southeast IL
You being one of them if it was the other way around.:laugh:
wrong. if republicans do something wrong I will call them out on it just as much as democrats.

you on the other hand dont think any democrat can do anything wrong.

Last edited:
Southeast IL
I've never made a comment about that one way or the other so that's irrelevant when discussing my comment.
yes you have.

Hopefully...okay that was harsh, I don't want him dead. Just incapacitated enough that he can't run in the election.
I've never put someone on ignore before. Congrats on being the first!

Central IL
Speaking of deplorable acts.
If allowed a free hand, today's youth will even assault senior citizens and infringe on their
rights to free speech and religion.

Speaking of deplorable acts.
If allowed a free hand, today's youth will even assault senior citizens and infringe on their
rights to free speech and religion.
Your description couldn't be farther away from the article you linked. My first thought based on your description was that this was going to be an article about some youths here in the U.S. who in some way were engaged in, or threatening in a physical way, some seniors desire to be heard or speak their mind on some religious issue.

This article is about young women who live in an oppressive culture (for them) reacting in a violent way to that oppression. You call it free speech by a senior. Well, in this situation the mans age really has zero bearing on what took place. Additionally there is no such thing as free speech in their culture. Everyone has to be mindful of what they say publicly, the women even more so than the men. These young women will in all likelihood suffer greatly for their actions. Were they wrong to do what they did? Absolutely. But to paint it as a misguided youths abuse senior citizens and prevent them from voicing their religious views and their right to free speech is a bit over the top.

All that aside I wonder where this next generation of youth in these Islamist countries are going to take things. I'm not talking in the next 5 or 10 years, but beyond that. When the children being born now reach their 20's and 30's. While I don't even know anyone personally who is Islamist I look at people I know who are Jewish, Catholic, and various other Christian denominations and I see what appears to me as a lessening devotion to their religion in the younger age groups. I see a lot of migration from more traditional churches to what I call the Holistic or Organic churches. The very loosely affiliated Unity churches come to mind. Churches where body, mind, and religion were intertwined or equal parts in their teachings (Chakra, reiki, or chanting anyone :D).

Is anyone familiar enough with Islam to share some insight? I feel like Islam and most of the countries where it is the primary religion has not evolved or caught up with its worldly counterparts. Where society and religion might be called archaic in these countries compared to the modern or advanced U.S., Canada, U.K, Australia, etc.