Basketball Coaching Staff / Coaching Carousel Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Small request for @Dan can we get a "FB" and "BB" after their respective "Illinois Coaching Staff / Coaching Carousel Thread" titles?

Make it a little easier to see which thread was posted in from the main page.

Deleted member 11196

D
Also, e-mails and rumors swirling at the UofI on this Monday that are calling for BU's termination now or immediately following after the season but are being pushed back by the Admin & AD Dept. stating that something like that is too preliminary.

But the bait that the donors are falling for again is apparently the plan is for Walker to be let go at the end of the year and they're going to bring some new Illino blood on the staff. And BU has no say in it and he's not too happy.

Told if he doesn't produce major progess here on out for the rest of season he won't get to have a say in who his next assistant will be, who will most likely to he chosen to be his replacement down the line potentially.

But like i said, just rumors and emails at this point.

So it's already 'circle the wagons' mode .... It just makes it harder and harder to get a 'good' coach (later) to even listen to the idea of coaching at Illinois....

I subscribe to the LA Times and one of today's stories is about UCLA's upcoming search for a basketball coach.
Other than the fact that they might have higher expectations, their list (per the Times) sounds eerily similar.

From the paper "Potential candidates to replace the 54-year-old Alford could include the Oklahoma City Thunder’s Billy Donovan, Virginia’s Tony Bennett, Michigan’s John Beilein, Gonzaga’s Mark Few, North Carolina State’s Kevin Keatts, Texas Christian’s Jamie Dixon, Texas Tech’s Chris Beard, Cincinnati’s Mick Cronin, Wichita State’s Gregg Marshall, Utah’s Larry Krystkowiak and former Chicago Bulls coach Fred Hoiberg. "

the national

the Front Range
I subscribe to the LA Times and one of today's stories is about UCLA's upcoming search for a basketball coach.
Other than the fact that they might have higher expectations, their list (per the Times) sounds eerily similar.

From the paper "Potential candidates to replace the 54-year-old Alford could include the Oklahoma City Thunder’s Billy Donovan, Virginia’s Tony Bennett, Michigan’s John Beilein, Gonzaga’s Mark Few, North Carolina State’s Kevin Keatts, Texas Christian’s Jamie Dixon, Texas Tech’s Chris Beard, Cincinnati’s Mick Cronin, Wichita State’s Gregg Marshall, Utah’s Larry Krystkowiak and former Chicago Bulls coach Fred Hoiberg. "
LoL, I mean they just listed pretty much The Who’s who of college basketball coaching. I doubt they can pull any of those guys.

Deleted member 29907

D
Stran

What the! They left off Dee Brown and Roger Powell... :unsure:

Even in its current state, I'd still say UCLA is a top five job. Yeah, fans and donors have high expectations and demands, but Alford got a lot of time to fail. So any potential coach prospects have to believe they won't be run off at the first sign of adversity.

SKane

Tennessee

I am surprised that they did not include Self, Izzo, K and Williams. And Shaka and Brad.

Alford was definately fortunate to receive this job, and he butchered it beyond compare. Welcome to March Madness announcing with Lavin now.

ChiefGritty

Chicago, IL
Alford was definately fortunate to receive this job

Give him a little bit of credit, he is a much richer man for hitting the ejector seat on Iowa for a cushy mid-major job. That's a smart thing for a coach to do.

Dana Holgorsen will benefit from this as well, just watch.

Hoppy2105

Little Rock, Arkansas
Uh oh...it’s almost like a particular type of offense/defense has finally run its course because the novelty and innovativeness has worn off and coaches have finally figured out how to defeat it soundly.

If that is the case, hiring a dude 1 year before the system becomes obsolete is such an Illinois thing to do.

Let’s hope it isn’t the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.