Basketball Uniforms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Simply put, a bball variant of our new football unis would be A-Okay with me.

I feel pretty confident that's where we're headed.

I bet it will be just this with the sleeves cut off:
DmwYl4KXcAEHhPQ.jpg

And probably with a fit like this:

sga_300_20180426.jpg

But without the white outline around the numbers?

Clemson did something like that with their new unis last year:

grantham-and-thomas.jpg

That's a pretty clean and fresh look. Maybe make the collar blue so it's harmonizing with this?

illinifootball_uniforms_1000x1000white_pose.jpg

That would be a fine home look. Not sure how doing the same thing with blue lettering on orange would look, I think Clemson might get the better of it

636570036651471964-APTOPIX-NCAA-Clemson-Auburn-Basketball.jpg

And then they also have this:

SetSize320240-Clemson-11218.jpg

Could that be the "why do we need this?" Would it be the Block I or the Shield? Both would present potential problems.

Considering that Nike loves doing the same things over again and this seems both fit to our needs and pretty close to what's been described by those who have seen things behind the scenes, I think this is going to be my official guess.

ILL in IA

Iowa City
A couple years ago, the Houston Astors re-did their uniforms that were fresh, while a tip of the cap to the throwbacks that had become popular. Essentially the throwback look became the everyday uniform. I'd be ok with something along this concept (i don't think its what we will get, probably falling in line with Nike uniforms across college ball, similar to the Clemson kits shown above) But here is what my hope would be.
White-Fighting Illini unis we have used
Orange-05 look but on brand w/ how Illinois is written across the chest.
Blue- Fall in line with everything pictured above. Not sure the "logo" center chest works for us. But if so, Block I or Shield on the blue unis?
Gray- Pass unless we get a darker gray.

I am sure some may disagree, but fun to play with how we would each want our unis to look.

ILL in IA

Iowa City
Were we "bright ceramic" before?

I don't think the change was quite that dramatic. That's almost Tennessee-ish.
It could be that the last shade of orange was completely unique to Illinois. Cool in theory, but crappy for being on brand across the athletic department. But that is the reason you saw a different shade of orange from each team, to fan walking down the street. With this, every version of anything from Nike all has the same orange on it. Helps sell apparel in store too.

If that truly is our new home white, I don't hate it. Kinda meh, but if we win it'll start to look a whole lot better.

Another Nike rebrand school with a "no white" effect in their football uniforms did the similar thing as Clemson with new basketball uni's:
sports_170919703_ar_0_ppmmmthwjvmz.jpg

10641222.jpg

I think we're zooming in on the basic idea of what these are gonna look like. But the devil is in those little details of the stripes and the collars and the number outlines and all that stuff.

I'm resigned to there being something in these basketball unis that drives me nuts like the helmet stickers, but maybe there's hope.

South Farms

near Ogden & Rt 83
Were we "bright ceramic" before?

I don't think the change was quite that dramatic. That's almost Tennessee-ish.
bright ceramic is almost as bright an orange as OkSt. , who always says with pride , in their own literature, that they are "America's brightest orange" .

They have awesome uniforms and apparel. You can use your fan shirts out bird hunting and be legal.

Tennesee has a "melon" type orange. almost like a pastel orange.

The mood of this thread is quite refreshing. I really want those script throwbacks. Those could be 10/10.

GortTheRobot

North Bethesda, Maryland
A script throwback would be a Jersey I would want to have as a fan...of course, I am getting on in years.

My guess is, winning makes the uni's be more favorable in everyone's opinion. Doubt me? What is your favorite year? How was our record that year?

I'd love us to go with 3 uni combos (a white one, a blue one and an orange one). I personally think it would look best if it had 'FIGHTING ILLINI" as the words on the jerseys rather than "ILLINOIS". The only other alternate uni I'd like to maybe see would the the cursive script "ILLINI" one in orange.

Would be fine with never seeing silver or gray (or black for that matter) uniforms again.

Status
Not open for further replies.