Basketball Uniforms

Status
Not open for further replies.

t7nich

Central IL
Underwood on the radio this morning.. sounds elated about new uni's. When asked if they were coming this year he said "yes, yes, and yes". He seems to hate the zig zag as much as the fanbase does, if not more. He said the Fighting Illini whites will stay.

Underwood on the radio this morning.. sounds elated about new uni's. When asked if they were coming this year he said "yes, yes, and yes". He seems to hate the zig zag as much as the fanbase does, if not more. He said the Fighting Illini whites will stay.

Something like this design:

chicago-bulls.jpg

Last edited:

Bailey

Los Angeles
Big fan of Michigan's, but they're Jordan brand.

haasi

New York
Big fan of Michigan's, but they're Jordan brand.

+1.
cb4412e8b17abefa433f83165af94a5d.jpg

Should not be hard to make something simple and relatively along the same lines in O&B for Illini.

The jersey people need to stop trying so hard and find something classic that works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bailey

Los Angeles
+1.
cb4412e8b17abefa433f83165af94a5d.jpg

Should not be hard to make something simple and relatively along the same lines in O&B for Illini.

The jersey people need to stop trying so hard and find something classic that works.

Fit is just as important as design. The baggy mid 2000s era is behind us.

That Michigan jersey looks better there than it does on the court IMO where the little singlet shape of it makes the lettering real small.

But to your point, I will keep begging for the free labor our resident photoshoppers to mock up jerseys that have the lettering and numbers in the same color. I think that might tone it all down a notch and make the font fit in better.

That Michigan jersey looks better there than it does on the court IMO where the little singlet shape of it makes the lettering real small.

But to your point, I will keep begging for the free labor our resident photoshoppers to mock up jerseys that have the lettering and numbers in the same color. I think that might tone it all down a notch and make the font fit in better.

attachment.php

Nailed it.

Attachments

• not-michigan-jersey.jpg
    not-michigan-jersey.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 8,608

haasi

New York
I lolled. Thank you

Dren1

Glenview, IL
Don't necessarily mean a duplicate of that uniform, lose the stripes on the side of uni and shorts, a cleaner look.
Okay, got it. The lettering still would look a bit blocky to me.

haasi

New York
Via @IlliniCreative on twitter:

8Bz08WO.jpg

I give it a B.

too much going on, don’t love font (I recognize that the brand requires certain fonts), fit looks a bit baggy still, and like s&c I’d be interested in seeing what it looks like with same color number and letters.

My response to those people whose reactions to anything involving the rebrand is a reflexive, disgusted "kids these days with their rap 'n roll and eating their tide pods" is this:

590426_0313_loca_shooting_2450.jpg

Not only sharp, simple, and classic, but also so much stronger for incorporating branding which is ours and consistent across campus as opposed to generic, could-be-anybody create-a-jerseys.

haasi

New York
Those are very good. I like the football unis too. I bet a good designer, subject to no outside interference, could come up with a very nice set of basketball unis in an afternoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.