I had the same question about the "I", but I think it looks correct up close and is just tough to tell with the stitching.I don't mind the jersey but have 4 comments.
1) Isn't that the wrong Block I? Maybe the stiching just makes the inside look like right angles.
2) Team Shield sneaking in on the wasteband as a belt buckle, probably won't really even be able to see it.
3) Just stop with the two toned.
4) The blue seems more like a blackish blue than navy. Maybe it's the light. The orange also looks off like it's too bright.
Thats what I thought when I found it and posted before, seems spot on really? Geesh why is our school so uncreative at all times it seems? Doesn's shock me that it reminds some of 2001, when did Whitman play here...jus sayin!
RedWing - these are not what you saw, correct? You had mentioned no more two-tone lettering...
1. Kinda true... still two tone though@redwingillini11
Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the jerseys...
1. Solid, cleaner look. While the zig zags had some hidden meaning that I, for one, appreciated, it was not a very sleek look. Done are the zig zags, no surprise, and in are a much cleaner look. Also no two tone coloring within the same letter finally. Also I believe it’s already been confirmed to be a stripe down the side and the Nike slimmer cut.
2. Brand consistency. The athletic apartment appears to be attempting to keep a the Illinois brand consistent and recognizable across all sports. These uniforms won't look too foreign to your eyes.
3. I don't think there have been any concepts shared on this board or anywhere else that represent what we are going to have.
4. There is one element, on one part, of one of our uniform sets that is the one thing I do not like. It seems a bit unnecessary, and like it belongs more to a certain school out west. I think when you see it, you are going to ask, "Really? Did we need that?" But honestly by the time we are playing B1G basketball we will all be pretty used to it.
5. New throwback. No idea if this means the end of the '89 throwbacks (I hope not). My pure speculation is that they may still use them due to their obvious popularity. But we are going to see another throwback to a fairly iconic / recognizable Illini era. They seem to be basically entirely accurate to the era. So if you look back at Illini uniforms through the years, you'll see what our guys will be wearing as a throwback.
Leisure suit for me.
I wouldn't say that I like it any more than a single color but I still like it. It doesn't have as much pop when it's on orange or blue but I kind of like it against white or gray. That being said, I'm not going to be devastated when it goes away after this season.May I ask why?
No need to be sorry. If you are still in the sharing mood...what did you mean by the unis you saw having something similar to a team out west? I think that’s how you phrased it originally. Not a big deal but just curious.These whites were NOT the ones I saw. I'm sorry that I didn't see this was coming. Although it makes a lot of sense in retrospect. Kind of reminds me of how when Nike took over the NFL they didn't have the Eagles full uni set ready for them.
As for this set, I'm pretty disappointed. More than anything, while the losing the zig zag is an improvement, I hate the stripe. Especially with the I on the stripe on the shorts, it looks like a generic Walmart type knock of pair of shorts. I think the two tone does look better on white, but it will be better when its finally gone.
Pretty big disappointment we have to wait.. At this point I don't really mind divulging a bit more about what I saw. The main unis took after the football set. Orange letters and numbers on white. Blue on orange. Orange on blue. While what I saw was the official plan for the next overhaul, I wouldn't be surprised if tweaks are made at this point. A year is a long time to not tweak a design. Who knows what will happen. Ill get the next scoop right guys.