Basketball Uniforms

Status
Not open for further replies.
North Bethesda, Maryland
I hope they just go back to the old numbering as well. If you're going that route, why bother with a different font for just the number? I guess I've just never liked any part of the new font. Picky, I know, but I'm getting old and I have to have something to complain about.

Reactions: Ransom Stoddard
Wish Mike spent as much time on Illinois jersey as the spent on Oregons.

Iowa City
Save that announcement for when you need to create some good buzz or cover up a player getting in trouble or leaving.

Charlotte, NC
Well we have the throwback whites... and we have the throwback oranges........ and the grey ones, I saw them burning in a dumpster behind ubben...

So, i mean, im good with that being it.

I hope it's these (with the shoes)
1561125338424.png

Reactions: Oskeefan and chiefini
Woodridge, IL
Last year was supposed to be the bridge year (basically just getting rid of the zig-zags) with this year being the completely new uniforms. That's how I remembered it, anyway.

You're correct. From the Tweet linked at the beginning of the thread: "Kauffman added that #illini hoops uniforms will have "tweaks" this year to be announced shortly. "Full brand-new redesign" to basketball unis for 2019-20 season."

I think we should adopt a barely modernized version of the throwbacks (White and Orange saying "FIGHTING ILLINI" and Blue saying "ILLINOIS") and then wear the actual throwbacks for Braggin' Rights, a random big game night and then NCAA Tournament games.

Reactions: goillini30
Rockford, IL
Right, because nothing sells to today's youth like saying, you get to wear Converse All-Stars. The most un athletic shoes of all time! ;)
Don't you be dissing on CHUCK TAYLORS now. :)

Reactions: Ransom Stoddard and KevinC
Planet Earth, when not battling Ming the Merciless
And, were they comfy on the feet? If you had a choice between those and Nike air, which are you choosing?
This was the 1960's. There was no Nike. I've never worn a Nike shoe, so I can't answer your question, other than to say Converse seemed comfy at the time. I imagine shoe technology has advanced considerably since then. :)

This was the 1960's. There was no Nike. I've never worn a Nike shoe, so I can't answer your question, other than to say Converse seemed comfy at the time. I imagine shoe technology has advanced considerably since then. :)
Understood, but the op wanted them for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.