Basketball Uniforms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Illinois88

United States
We really need to do something to spice up that Block I or just do away with it. It looks so weak and amateur and boring. I get using a Block I for some things and I understand it's usefulness but it consistently looks drab and cartoonish on everything. It needs some major tweaking or some design alternative in its spot.

As a student the block is getting darn boring to wear. There's only so much apparel I can take with it on before it becomes too repetitive and, well, stale. If my wallet had a mouth it would reject most of the apparel sold save for a few.

I agree with the poster who said to keep the Flyin' Illini uni's as the main uniform and have whatever modern creation as the alternative. The Flyn' Illini fits the "classic" check mark and it appeals across generations, not just a particular set of people in that particular set of time. Check mark for thoughtfulness and intentionality . Sometimes brand consistency in its current form sucks.

And I slightly dislike the font currently being used by athletic department's effort to rebrand.

Last edited:
As a student the block is getting darn boring to wear. There's only so much apparel I can take with it on before it becomes too repetitive and, well, stale. If my wallet had a mouth it would reject most of the apparel sold save for a few.

I agree with the poster who said to keep the Flyin' Illini uni's as the main uniform and have whatever modern creation as the alternative. The Flyn' Illini fits the "classic" check mark and it appeals across generations, not just a particular set of people in that particular set of time. Check mark for thoughtfulness and intentionality . Sometimes brand consistency in its current form sucks.

And I slightly dislike the font currently being used by athletic department's effort to rebrand.

Yeah, sometimes rebrands are just BIG misses.

Whitmans Sampler

Eastern Iowa
trent_frazier.png

Looks like Trent is debuting the new blue unis

Last edited:
I like "Fighting Illini" as the main uniform, but it needs modern touches. It should look timeless, not retro.

Bailey

Los Angeles
I see we're still not getting Nike's top of the line/up to date shoe line to begin the season. Same as every year in recent memory.

Still thinking about that bold decision on one of the supposed leaked jerseys another user detailed in here. I keep seeing this apparel around and can't help but wonder if that "nameplate" could be it? Odds are no and this is a generic Nike sweater template, but I think it could make for a good basketball uni

Still thinking about that bold decision on one of the supposed leaked jerseys another user detailed in here. I keep seeing this apparel around and can't help but wonder if that "nameplate" could be it? Odds are no and this is a generic Nike sweater template, but I think it could make for a good basketball uni
The practice jerseys the team have been wearing look like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.