Basketball Uniforms

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think I'd buy one, but why can't you buy this year's jersey online?

I don't think I'd buy one, but why can't you buy this year's jersey online?

Nike catalog and customize maybe?

My high school team currently has this year’s Illini whites as our whites. Just ordered the set from the catalog.

1546459791844.png So why not just keep these, keep the Fighting Illini script, lose the Illinois, the Block I, any other reference and not worry about a mascot, a logo, a name change, and start PR'ing the heck out of this as a program changing rebrand?

I have always, loved these, they are retro, (so you know they are fashionable or will again be soon), and quite frankly, I think it may be our best chance at starting a rebirth of ILLINI basketball etc?

ChiefGritty

Chicago, IL
D1Bq5LAW0AAhlFn.jpg

Well this is news!

That's the 1989 letter font with the 2019 number font. We haven't seen that before. Suggestive that these are our "new" unis for next year surely.

Is is the same in all three colors? Does this mean we're moving away from the Nike rebrand font? Many questions!

Sidebar: Bad news for Antwan, 15 is taken young fella ;)

ilphotog

The camera never lies
Champaign
Penn St. game.

Attachments

• CRF_7032.JPG
    CRF_7032.JPG
    623.3 KB · Views: 618
D1Bq5LAW0AAhlFn.jpg

Well this is news!

That's the 1989 letter font with the 2019 number font. We haven't seen that before. Suggestive that these are our "new" unis for next year surely.

Is is the same in all three colors? Does this mean we're moving away from the Nike rebrand font? Many questions!

Sidebar: Bad news for Antwan, 15 is taken young fella ;)
Interesting. Definitely not the same font on the number '1' as the Ayo jersey in the post above.

I would love to go to this jersey full time. Add a blue one and the set is complete.

ChiefGritty

Chicago, IL
We could of course just be monkeying around with stuff for the recruits, I guess. It's possible this is nothing.

wILL-INI

Charlotte, NC
Yeah, Im assuming to get the jersey in Jan's number, they used some from our regular batch of numbers. Nothing crazy.

KrushCow31

Former Krush Cow
Chicago, IL
Under Armor copying a rebook design of the Vancouver Grizzlies for the Northwestern Wildcats is the most 2018 thing ever...
I didn't at first notice that the shorts are also a direct rip with the wildcat replacing the grizzly.

Ransom Stoddard

Ordained Dudeist Priest
Bloomington, IL

wILL-INI

Charlotte, NC
I could see next year. If this is a yearly thing. 15 years since it.

DrewD007

Woodridge, IL
Here's a crappy mockup of what I think they'll do with the jerseys next season to echo the minimalist design of the football uniforms.

Illini.png

I’m up for any gimmick possible to get this team out of its enthusiasm funk. Rock the throwbacks until the season is done. Orange at PSU (or blue!!!!) and white in the BTT.

KrushCow31

Former Krush Cow
Chicago, IL
Hard pass. Orange and blue, please. White for accents in some situations.
Well obviously we wouldn't copy them. I just meant the idea of seniors designing jerseys for senior night and that Northwesterns looked really cool.

So did anyone else notice that both Kofi and January had the retro Illini uniforms with updated numbers (font) in their commitment photos?
Screen Shot 2019-04-23 at 10.43.09 PM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.