Basketball Uniforms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retro62

North Bethesda, Maryland
I hope they just go back to the old numbering as well. If you're going that route, why bother with a different font for just the number? I guess I've just never liked any part of the new font. Picky, I know, but I'm getting old and I have to have something to complain about.

ILL in IA

Iowa City
Save that announcement for when you need to create some good buzz or cover up a player getting in trouble or leaving.

wILL-INI

Charlotte, NC
Well we have the throwback whites... and we have the throwback oranges........ and the grey ones, I saw them burning in a dumpster behind ubben...

So, i mean, im good with that being it.

I hope it's these (with the shoes)
1561125338424.png

DrewD007

Woodridge, IL
Last year was supposed to be the bridge year (basically just getting rid of the zig-zags) with this year being the completely new uniforms. That's how I remembered it, anyway.

You're correct. From the Tweet linked at the beginning of the thread: "Kauffman added that #illini hoops uniforms will have "tweaks" this year to be announced shortly. "Full brand-new redesign" to basketball unis for 2019-20 season."

I think we should adopt a barely modernized version of the throwbacks (White and Orange saying "FIGHTING ILLINI" and Blue saying "ILLINOIS") and then wear the actual throwbacks for Braggin' Rights, a random big game night and then NCAA Tournament games.

Deleted member 4333

D
And, were they comfy on the feet? If you had a choice between those and Nike air, which are you choosing?
This was the 1960's. There was no Nike. I've never worn a Nike shoe, so I can't answer your question, other than to say Converse seemed comfy at the time. I imagine shoe technology has advanced considerably since then. :)

This was the 1960's. There was no Nike. I've never worn a Nike shoe, so I can't answer your question, other than to say Converse seemed comfy at the time. I imagine shoe technology has advanced considerably since then. :)
Understood, but the op wanted them for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.