Bears / NFL Thread 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh Allen.

I may or may not have yelled "get down" as soon as he crossed the first down marker.

Well, Bears survive 14-9. Defense definitely saved the offense's backside several times today. And at the very least, Bears will still be at least playing for the 2 seed (and possibly 1 seed depending on Steelers-Saints result) next Sunday in Minnesota.

Bears-Vikings flexed to 3:25 PM kickoff next Sunday. Other games flexed include Browns-Ravens, Bengals-Steelers, and Eagles-Racial Slurs.

Raiders-Chiefs may be flexed for next week as well. If KC wins tonight, game remains a Noon kickoff. If Chiefs lose, game is flexed to a 3:25 PM kickoff.

Only early kickoff games next week that will have any playoff seeding implications are Jaguars-Texans and Jets-Patriots for the #2 seed in the AFC.

Colts-Titans has been flexed to the Sunday night game next Sunday.

What is the point of the punt quick swap play? The one where the punt team runs off and the offense runs out?
They've done it twice and have gotten two penalties as a result - one for bumping the official and one for delay of game (admittedly harmless).
Because the defense gets a chance to sub, I don't see the point. Is the hope to draw a defensive penalty?

What is the point of the punt quick swap play? The one where the punt team runs off and the offense runs out?
They've done it twice and have gotten two penalties as a result - one for bumping the official and one for delay of game (admittedly harmless).
Because the defense gets a chance to sub, I don't see the point. Is the hope to draw a defensive penalty?

Just to get something on tape for opposing teams to consider. Wouldn't be surprised to see them run an actual play out of that quick swap play in the playoffs.

Bears up 13-3 at half. Offense hasn't had to work too much as the defense has absolutely stifled the Vikings offense thus far. Will be interesting to see how much, if any, playing time the starters will get with the Rams up 28-3 late in the 1st half.

I think I'd like for the Bears to punt the 2nd Half. Minnesota has looked awful in the 3 halves these two teams have played.

And there's your defensive player 2 point conversion for this week.

I know I'm probably jinxing them at this point but that drive may have just sealed the game for the Bears.

And to the Vikings:

tenor.gif

Damn fine win over a team that was playing for its season.

Eagles are going to be a tough out. They’re playing well and have been there before. Still, I think the Bears take it. A rematch against the Rams in LA would be a blast.

Bears-Eagles set for next Sunday with kickoff at 3:40 PM CT. The game will air on NBC.

If the Bears would win, they would then travel to the Rams on Saturday, January 12th with kickoff at 7:15 PM CT with that game airing on FOX.

Reactions: Dan

South Farms

near Ogden & Rt 83
Just to get something on tape for opposing teams to consider. Wouldn't be surprised to see them run an actual play out of that quick swap play in the playoffs.
yea

Nagy is doing this to set it up for a time in the playoffs where they will throw a wrinkle in it and if/when the opposition doesn't respond correctly , look for the play to be run, and hopefully executed for a big gain. There is almost ALWAYS a reason for coaches to do this.

also, I absolutely LOVED seeing Sowell getting time in as fullback. He was making some monster blocks . You know there is going to be a wrinkle off that formation as well, with Sowell getting the ball on a handoff and running.

Nagy is making the game so much fun to watch. You don't dare get up to take a leak for fear of missing something in real time.

South Farms

near Ogden & Rt 83
Bears-Eagles set for next Sunday with kickoff at 3:40 PM CT. The game will air on NBC.

If the Bears would win, they would then travel to the Rams on Saturday, January 12th with kickoff at 7:15 PM CT with that game airing on FOX.

Any info as to whether that game is already a sell out ? What's the capacity of that Coliseum now for pro football ?

Status
Not open for further replies.