Bears / NFL Thread 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 645583

D
I was gonna suggest that Vic Fangio become the next defensive coordinator at Illinois! Kidding.

McCaskeys: pay this guy, don't let him get away. Anyway, who would want to be a head coach at age 60 when you've got a great thing going with the Bears?

Is he Buddy Ryan? Perhaps. We shall see. Shut out your playoff opponents as the Bears of yore did and you join the pantheon.

Bear Down, Chicago Bears! As I've said before, life is great when the Bears are winning. We've suffered through too many autumns and winters of discontent.

The experts don't really give the Monsters a chance of winning it all, but that Fangio defense could prove them wrong.

P.S. There seems to be an attitude on this team similar to 85-86. I like it.

Last edited by a moderator:

South Farms

near Ogden & Rt 83
our defense , with the personnel as of today , is capable of dominating every team in the playoffs. It would be awesome to have Eddie Jackson back , but I still think we can beat Philadelphia without him. Rest him, if he's not close to 100% .

All Mitch and the offense needs to do is NOT turn the ball over ( ok, no more than once per game) and score 17-21 points. It would not surprise me to see a score of 17-3 , or similar. I actually think we will play our best game of the year this Sunday .

Illiniaaron

Geneseo, IL
Let's not get too far over our skis here. The playoffs are a different animal than the regular season, all it would take is one or two big plays to break for the Eagles to win. Most of the Bears have no to very little playoff experience and the Eagles are coming off a championship. I expect the Bears to win but it will be a close, hard-fought game.

Illwinsagain

Cary, IL
Let's not get too far over our skis here. The playoffs are a different animal than the regular season, all it would take is one or two big plays to break for the Eagles to win. Most of the Bears have no to very little playoff experience and the Eagles are coming off a championship. I expect the Bears to win but it will be a close, hard-fought game.
I was completely comfortable with the Bears this weekend, until I started hearing about how well the O/D lines for Philly are playing. Lately, we have been playing against teams with suspect O lines.

What kind of spot was that?

Seriously, the spot on the Sproles run that got them a 1st on 3rd and 9 was atrocious.

Bears up 6-3 at half. Defenses dominating as neither offense has really looked strong (Eagles offense has had good drives but Foles has the 2 picks). If Bears offense can get a TD on the first drive of the 2nd half, momentum will strongly be on their side.

Here's the rule regarding that catch/fumble:

DwQ4UzfXQAI918t.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.