Bears / NFL Thread 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
It all has to do with offset language related to whether he gets paid if he gets suspended because of the new helmet rule.

One hell of a hill for the front office to die on. Though I do understand why they'd do it but still.

It all has to do with offset language related to whether he gets paid if he gets suspended because of the new helmet rule.

One hell of a hill for the front office to die on. Though I do understand why they'd do it but still.

Really just insane. Wanting to take GUARANTEED money. I can’t with the nfl sometimes

Illiniaaron

Geneseo, IL
Wow lots of interest in the Bears so far.....the Monsters twos looked good against KC's ones on Saturday.

illini80

Forgottonia
I think they have a shot at a decent year, but they are in a tough division. Would take some injuries on the packers and/or Vikings for me to see them making the playoffs.

This team could finish 7-9 and still finish last in the division. That's how much talent there is in the NFC North.

2019 should be the year they look to being in playoff contention.

This team could finish 7-9 and still finish last in the division. That's how much talent there is in the NFC North.

2019 should be the year they look to being in playoff contention.

I’m all in on the bears hype train this year. With how bad they’ve been 7-9 will probably feel like 14-2

I’m all in on the bears hype train this year. With how bad they’ve been 7-9 will probably feel like 14-2

Agreed. What was everyone else's take on Nagy sitting the starters vs. KC on Saturday?

At first I found it to be kind of a curious decision until I heard Nagy's postgame presser and I totally agree with his line of thinking on it.

Agreed. What was everyone else's take on Nagy sitting the starters vs. KC on Saturday?

At first I found it to be kind of a curious decision until I heard Nagy's postgame presser and I totally agree with his line of thinking on it.

It’s interesting. New system and young qb. Game reps can always help, maybe give you a different look. But in the long run he’s probably right about 20-30 snaps not making or breaking the season.

I also never question a football coach who wants to sit guys in the preseason. That always makes sense.

Illiniaaron

Geneseo, IL
Last time they traded two ones and a player it worked out wonderfully...wait, no. To me it's too much to give but Pace doesn't value no. ones that much. Mack better average 15-16 sacks a year with Bears. Averaged 10.5 with Raiders.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

AARON RODGERS WERE COMIN WEEK 1!

Illwinsagain

Cary, IL
Last time they traded two ones and a player it worked out wonderfully...wait, no. To me it's too much to give but Pace doesn't value no. ones that much. Mack better average 15-16 sacks a year with Bears. Averaged 10.5 with Raiders.
I think he allows the whole defense to be better. You can't double team everyone. My hope is that Mack, Hicks, Floyd combine for 30+. Who actually makes the sack is not too important to me.

Edit: Yes, I did have Cutler flashbacks with the 2 first rounders.

It was understood that the Bears were gonna have to lean on their defense the first few weeks while the offense was getting everything settled. Adding Mack to what they already have on defense makes me feel a lot better about that prospect.

And to be honest, I don't mind the two first rounders that much. Especially considering how bad the Bears have been at drafting first rounders since 2001 (only two of those players ended up being a Pro Bowler at any point), I'm okay with giving that up considering how great a player Mack is.

Status
Not open for further replies.