NFL Thread 2019-2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most fun game since the Tampa massacre last year. Mitch carved up a legit top 10 defense so there's no diminishing his performance tonight. Nagy finally played to Mitch's strengths - got him moving outside the pocket and Mitch used his legs to keep drives alive and score TDs. I can't believe it took a supposed genius 13 games to figure that out. If he plays like this against GB at Lambeau, I'll be one of the first to crown him.

Still breathing at least. Win the next three and get some help...ya never know!

Illiniaaron

Geneseo, IL
Very satisfying win. Another very good outing by MT and he was tremendous with his scrambling and the set running plays. This was Nagy's best game calling plays since sometime last season. Defense also did a great job especially with guys dropping like flies with injuries. Its interesting how hard it is to blow a team out on the scoreboard in today's NFL. The game wasn't nearly as close as the score indicated and Dallas got a ton of garbage yards in the fourth quarter. They ended up with over 400 yards.

I didn't expect David Blough to help the Bears but I didn't think Seattle would lay a humongous egg tonight either.

Bears aren't getting any help tonight. Welp.

Last edited:

Illiniaaron

Geneseo, IL
Well I doubt the Bears will be able to come back down 14-3. I feel like I've been watching the same bs for the past twenty years whenever they play the Packers. Bears d-backs always get smoked several times whether it's Favre or Rodgers. Running game still sucks. Offense can't score. Wash rinse repeat.

Illiniaaron

Geneseo, IL
Is there anything about today's effort that looks like the Bears are playing for their playoff lives? Secondary has been terrible today.

The Bears probably aren't going to score a TD in two games against the Packers not-so-great defense. Isn't Nagy supposed to be an "offensive genius?"

The blown punt call really hurt. Potential 14 point swing right there.

The blown punt call really hurt. Potential 14 point swing right there.

Yeah. There were a couple bad officiating plays.

You look at the box score and it's pretty hard to tell how the Bears lost. They won pretty much every statistical battle except the scoreboard. Even the 0-3 turnover margin is deceptive because 2 of those were last play of the half/game desperation plays.

The Packers had a couple more big plays, got a little officiating help, had better starting field position due in large part to some nice kick and punt returns, and then held on at the end. It was a pretty typical NFL result between two evenly matched teams.

The issue isn't that the Bears lost this game - It's that they lost some bad games against Sand Diego, Oakland and others that made this loss matter more than it should have.

Illiniaaron

Geneseo, IL
Yeah. There were a couple bad officiating plays.

You look at the box score and it's pretty hard to tell how the Bears lost. They won pretty much every statistical battle except the scoreboard. Even the 0-3 turnover margin is deceptive because 2 of those were last play of the half/game desperation plays.

The Packers had a couple more big plays, got a little officiating help, had better starting field position due in large part to some nice kick and punt returns, and then held on at the end. It was a pretty typical NFL result between two evenly matched teams.

The issue isn't that the Bears lost this game - It's that they lost some bad games against Sand Diego, Oakland and others that made this loss matter more than it should have.
Very similar to last week's game against Dallas in reverse. One team was up big after three quarters and the other team got a lot of garbage stats in the fourth quarter.

Status
Not open for further replies.