NFL Thread 2019-2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 645583

D
I'm an ignoramous. What's with these silly uniforms, helmets especially? Some homage to Michigan? I can't take this stuff seriously. Forget about everything, Bears and Cubs, Bulls and Blackhawks. What a total waste of my time watching these crappy pro teams and the football Illini.

But hang in there, all of you: Swing to the left, swing to the right, stand up, sit down, fight, fight, fight!

As for me, as we say in El Paso, Illinois: "No mas!"

Last edited by a moderator:
Bears pass protection and defense (aside from the penalties) has been good in this first half. The Trubisky injury stinks though luckily it sounds like it won't be an extended period of time that he'll be out.

Looks like Trubisky suffered a dislocated left shoulder, which is his non-throwing shoulder. If it were his throwing shoulder he'd likely be done for the season but since it's the other shoulder, he'd likely be out for next week's London game vs. the Raiders. The Bears have a bye after that so there's an outside chance he could be back for the New Orleans game coming off the bye.

Impressive win for the Bears today, especially considering they were effectively without 6 of their starters. They keep themselves from going into an 0-2 hole in the division and now head to London for a game with the Raiders next Sunday.

This defense is like a cheat code. I'm just imagining Mahomes or Watson on this team instead of Trubisky. Would 16-0 be an overreaction?

That was almost an instant replay of their win over the Vikings in week 17 last year. About as good a performance you could ask for considering all the starters out.

This defense is like a cheat code. I'm just imagining Mahomes or Watson on this team instead of Trubisky. Would 16-0 be an overreaction?

No because we need to average 13 ppg considering our defense gives up an average of (rounding up) 12 ppg.

NFC North collectively 7-2-1 against other divisions, by the way.

And those two losses - Lions had lead very late over Cardinals and Chiefs, and Packers were up on Phily - NFC North could be 10-0 - division looks great especially compared to AFC East and some others. Imagine this Bears defense playing Dolphins, Jets, etc. twice a year?

Illiniaaron

Geneseo, IL
Bears lack of discipline with these penalties the last couple of weeks has been maddening.
For as few snaps as he plays, Aaron Lynch has a ridiculous number of off-sides penalties so far.

I know with Daniel being force to play under tough circumstances I should be happy for the win, and I am. But I'm increasingly frustrated with this offense that is touted as having so many weapons but in most games is pretty much consigned to 300 yards or less and 17 points or less every week.

For as few snaps as he plays, Aaron Lynch has a ridiculous number of off-sides penalties so far.

I know with Daniel being force to play under tough circumstances I should be happy for the win, and I am. But I'm increasingly frustrated with this offense that is touted as having so many weapons but in most games is pretty much consigned to 300 yards or less and 17 points or less every week.

This year they (I won't even say offense because I know the defense has put up some of these points) have averaged 16.5 points/game. Over their last 8 games going back to last year they are averaging 19.5 points/game. Both of those numbers put them right around the bottom 1/3 of the league.

Edit: I used 8 games to show half a year, but if you go back 12 the average actually drops to 19.4 so yeah not a small sample size in my opinion.

Last edited:
Aside from Washington our offense has been anemic; however, we have faced some pretty stout defenses in GB, Den and Minny. I wish our offense was better but I think it will be ok with our defense being like it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.