NFL Thread 2019-2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Illiniaaron

Geneseo, IL
Good Lord, four offsides penalties in a quarter and a half. What the hell is going on with this team?

They don’t have a first round pick. So they obviously can’t go that route to get a qb. I suspect they’ll sign a free agent who can compete with Mitch for the starting job.

I don’t really see the point of bringing in a new GM when he would have so few picks to do anything with. It’s not like baseball where a desperate GM can cripple a team’s future with a bunch of bad free agent signings.

Illiniaaron

Geneseo, IL
They don’t have a first round pick. So they obviously can’t go that route to get a qb. I suspect they’ll sign a free agent who can compete with Mitch for the starting job.

I don’t really see the point of bringing in a new GM when he would have so few picks to do anything with. It’s not like baseball where a desperate GM can cripple a team’s future with a bunch of bad free agent signings.
I have to disagree. Pace staked his job on the Trubisky draft pick. If it doesn't work then he should have no voice in bringing in another qb after this and the Glennon fiasco. Bring in a new gm and then Nagy is in a one year audition to remain as head coach. Also it shouldn't take much draft capital to get someone like Foles. The Jags don't want a $20 million backup on the sidelines.

Illiniaaron

Geneseo, IL
Looks like they've finally found something by opening things up and letting Trubisky wing it.

Illiniaaron

Geneseo, IL
The Bears gave up at least three third and longs on screens. Twice on this last Eagles drive. Can't believe they weren't looking for that. It's obvious that Hicks is the real MVP on this defense. Without him they are still good but are giving up lots of yardage now. The playoffs are pretty much out of the question now so the big question that needs to be answered the rest of the way is can Trubisky develop into a decent starting qb or not. Hopefully they found a little something in the second half today. Looks like the power formation with a fullback is working best the last two weeks.

giphy.gif

Multiple things to look at in this Bears loss. Offensive ineptitude in the 1st half. Defense giving up the first downs on the final drive. Rather interesting that the defense was the reason they were able to stay in the game early before ultimately being their undoing late.

Multiple things to look at in this Bears loss. Offensive ineptitude in the 1st half. Defense giving up the first downs on the final drive. Rather interesting that the defense was the reason they were able to stay in the game early before ultimately being their undoing late.

defense simultaneously kept us in the game by giving up only field goals while also keeping drives alive with those ridiculous offsides penalties

Illwinsagain

Cary, IL
The defense is the better side of the ball, but they were supposed to be dominant. They are not. It seems every game, when the game is on the line, the defense can't get off the field. I had no idea how good Hicks is/was. But, even when he was playing, the poorly timed long drive by the other team still happened.

Also, the offensive line has been brutal. I don't think Nagy's play calling helps, but other teams seem to have much bigger holes to run through than we do. With no real threat of a run, then you are relying on the pass and the defense knows it.

I know there's not much talk about fantasy football in this thread but the final sack and then scoop and score by Dallas at the end of the Monday night game literally swung my match-up. Before that play, I was down by 7.38 points and was basically looking at a loss. I especially figured I'd be done after Dak threw that TD pass to Amari Cooper. Then the sack and the scoop and score happens and I end up winning by 1.62 points.

Needless to say my opponent was none too pleased to lose in that fashion. Fantasy football can be cruel sometimes and even that's one of the worst suck outs I've ever seen.

I know there's not much talk about fantasy football in this thread but the final sack and then scoop and score by Dallas at the end of the Monday night game literally swung my match-up. Before that play, I was down by 7.38 points and was basically looking at a loss. I especially figured I'd be done after Dak threw that TD pass to Amari Cooper. Then the sack and the scoop and score happens and I end up winning by 1.62 points.

Needless to say my opponent was none too pleased to lose in that fashion. Fantasy football can be cruel sometimes and even that's one of the worst suck outs I've ever seen.
Someone in my league a few years ago lost by .1 because roethlisberger knelled it three times to end the game, losing 3 yards and swinging it from a .1 victory to a tie to a .1 loss.

Well the Bears offense is still pathetic, but they at least showed a glimpse of something late in the 1st half. Still no excuse for them to take this long to do so. Hope the Trevathan injury on defense isn't too serious.

Well it wasn't easy, and the Chicago sports talk radio on Monday would have been quite a thing if the Bears had lost to Jeff freakin' Driskel, but the Bears finally broke the losing streak and survive against the Lions.

Status
Not open for further replies.