NFL Thread 2019-2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something called a David Blough is starting for the Lions at qb tomorrow.

The Bears probably only need to score 17 to win. Can they do it?

Tune in for what is likely the Bears’ last win of the season. 6-10 here we come!!!

And it'll still come down to the final drive in which Blough does something dumb to help the Bears win.

Get ready for another uninspiring victory, and as you said, also the last one of the season.

Illiniaaron

Geneseo, IL
Well it was a good start until a massive brain fart by the Bears' defense. Nothing comes easy with this group.

Illiniaaron

Geneseo, IL
It's official--Nagy has no confidence in Piniero. Why is he still their kicker? Wonder if Chase M. Will be brought in once Gould comes back for the 49ers.

Illiniaaron

Geneseo, IL
Really good game by Trubisky. Hope the trend can continue next week but the Dallas defense should be tougher than what he saw today.

The Bears’ inability to get the opponent off the field on 3rd down - especially in the 4th quarter - has been the most disappointing thing about the defense this year.

If Mitch faced the Lions defense every game, he'd be a first ballot HOFer.

Sad that the Bears had to hold on for dear life against freaking David Blough but such is life for the 2019 Bears.

Well at least Trubisky showed a little something in that final drive and Anthony Miller really showed something. And the defense tightened up a bit after the first couple scoring drives by the Lions.

Illiniaaron

Geneseo, IL
The Bears’ inability to get the opponent off the field on 3rd down - especially in the 4th quarter - has been the most disappointing thing about the defense this year.
The pass rush has been poor since Hicks went down. Also they have a hard time stopping opposing offenses at clutch times in games like you mentioned and also after Bear scoring drives.

Former tOSU QB Terrelle Pryor in critical condition following surgery after he was stabbed Friday night at his apartment in Pittsburgh. Pryor was stabbed in the chest and shoulder by an unidentified woman who is currently in police custody.

It’s not going to happen, but Bears path to the playoffs...

Bears win out.
Rams go 2-2 - most likely losses to Seattle and SF.
Vikings go 2-3 - most likely losses to Seattle and GB, plus loss to Bears.

Illiniaaron

Geneseo, IL

Bears win out.
Certainly not impossible but we will know more after tomorrow night.

Illwinsagain

Cary, IL

Bears win out.
Vikings have 3 home games left, all division opponents. It would be fun to come down to week 17 and have it be, win and in scenario. Not likely, as the Bears final 4 games are against projected playoff teams.

As bad as the offense has been this year (and it has been really bad), the Bears are the defensive implosion - in a game where Trubisky didn't even play - in the 3-point loss to a 4-8 Oakland team and two missed gimme field goal in a 1-point loss to a 4-8 Chargers team from being 8-4 and a near guarantee playoff team.

Seriously, 2 plays... the running into the kicker penalty that gave Oakland another chance on their last TD drive and one of the two missed FGs (33 and 41 yards) in the Chargers game is the difference between where the Bears are now and 8-4 and on the way back to the playoffs.

I don't know if that makes me feel better or worse. You could also look at the game they probably didn't deserve to win against Denver and the games they almost blew against the Giants and Lions and say they're only a three plays away from being 3-9. They have 1 impressive win this year, the 10-point win over the Vikings. In retrospect, the Washington win looks more like a bad team giving the Bears 5 turnovers than anything the Bears did; the Bears only have 11 turnovers combined in their other 11 games.

Last edited:
Fun fact, Pineiro’s FG% is actually lower than Parkey’s was last year - 76 to 75.

And that’s probably inflated because there have been at least 3 FG situations in which Nagy has declined to have Pineiro kick.

Bears win out.

Not going to happen?

il_340x270.1400262152_ob9z.jpg

I really hope I don't jinx it, but Mitch is looking good. Even that INT wasn't that bad.

I’ll admit it. I’m completely shocked.

Where has this offense been all year? Creative. Looked like there was an actual plan to get various weapons involved. Trubisky looked to be in command.

We can’t replay the first half of the season, but at this point if they can end up with 8 or 9 wins (9 was my preseason prediction, BTW) and we get three more games of this quality from Mitch, and I’ll be relatively content heading into next year. The roster will need some help and they might want to rethink how they handle the preseason, but this doesn’t look like an irretrievably broken team that needs the entire brain trust canned.

And the Cowboys... geesh! Troy Aikman’s disgust was palpable. If that “one of the best rosters in the League” team keeps losing, maybe it isn’t really one of the best rosters in the League.

Really need Seattle to take care of the Rams on Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.