Beer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Auggie24601

A
I've tried the Blue Creek Blueberry Ale. Also not bad.

I'm a fan of porters and stouts, myself. Dark Lord Imperial Stout being one of my all-time faves. Founder's Kentucky Bourbon Stout also ranks very high on my list of great beers I've had. As for porters, I'm a fan of the Sinebrikov baltic porter, Old Slug, and Santa's Butt... I also have a place in my heart for a good oatmeal or milk stout. Mmmmm.

On the lighter side, Morland's Old Speckled Hen is delicious and refreshing. I also like a lot of the Polish (yeah!), Czech, and German lagers. Tyskie, Zywic, and Okocim are good polish ones. Staropramen, Budweiser Budvar, and Ostravar are pretty good Czech ones. Weihenstephaner, DAB, and Warsteiner are some of the better German ones. If you want a good quality belgian style light ale go for a Kwak.

Anyway, I could talk beers all day. One of my favorite things.

New Holland Ichabod Ale. Perfect for Hallowe'en.

ilphotog

The camera never lies
Champaign
I guess my dogs will no longer get snausages!

BananaShampoo

Captain 'Paign
Phoenix, AZ
That article only mentions Anheiser-Busch, Miller-Coors, Heineken, and Corona brand beers. Fortunately I don't drink any that swill they call beer.

illini4everjp

I
If you get the chance, try Goose Island's Fleur. Its new and really good.

Fleur
A refreshingly tart and fruity Belgian style ale, resulting from a
secondary fermentation with hibiscus flowers and wild yeasts.

Alcohol by Volume: 7.0%
International Bitterness Units: 32
Preferred Glass: Snifter
Preferred Serving Temperature: 45º
Availability: Limited Release
Draft: 1/6 bbl
http://www.gooseisland.com/pages/fultonwood_draft/31.php

JW

Vancouver
That article only mentions Anheiser-Busch, Miller-Coors, Heineken, and Corona brand beers. Fortunately I don't drink any that swill they call beer.

Agreed. I was in Bloomington (Illinois) last week and tried some type of microbrewery called Central Illinois Pale Ale or something like that. Pretty good.

http://www.destihl.com/BEER_ON_TAP.html

I'm ready for some Hallowe'en beer.

Yep, and given that they're saying it's a volume issue I'm assuming that those of us that drink fine crafted micro-brews will be safe.

KBLEE

Montgomery, IL
I love Fat Tire. It is my beer of choice. I have yet to try a New Belgium I don't like, in fact.

Their 1554 is very tasty also.

Just talking about it makes me thirsty, but it isn't lunch time yet!

Yeah - I need to try the Abbey and the Trippel.

Illini1956

I
The Wall street journal yesterday quoted Busch and Miller that they plan big price hikes over most of the US this Fall. glad I do not drink beer. The first tax trickle down has started. good thing the Dems are socking it too big business. :rolleyes:

Highly recommended amber ale: New Belgium - Fat Tire.

I tried Flat Tire about a week ago at the state fair. A childhood dread rocking snow/wave boarding hippy friend who goes to Iowa for Engineering introduced me to it. Pretty good stuff. He informed me that its been a big thing out west for some years now.

Edgar Mundo

Supervenience
Stax
If you like Fat Tire (as I do), you will probably also like:

Rogue Brewery (OR) - Dead Guy Ale

I do like Dead Guy. There is a restaurant I go to occasionally that has it on tap. I didn't know it was from Oregon.

:illinois:

BananaShampoo

Captain 'Paign
Phoenix, AZ
I tried Flat Tire about a week ago at the state fair. A childhood dread rocking snow/wave boarding hippy friend who goes to Iowa for Engineering introduced me to it. Pretty good stuff. He informed me that its been a big thing out west for some years now.
Fat Tire has been around for years and years but used to only be available west of the Mississippi. They just increased their distribution area about a year ago so we get it in Illinois now.

illini4everjp

I
Fat Tire has been around for years and years but used to only be available west of the Mississippi. They just increased their distribution area about a year ago so we get it in Illinois now.
^^^ That. Pretty sure it arrived in Chicago at least 2 years ago on tap.

illini4everjp

I
Yeah, Chicago might have gotten it sooner than downstate. Most of the bars in Champaign just started serving it pretty recently.
Its a great beer, rave reviews up here. Better out of the tap then bottle though, at least in my experience.

JW

Vancouver
Favorite beers anyone?

I'll go with Canada's John Labatt Classic and Kokanee. Also a big fan of Fat Tire, Blue Moon, and the Italian Moretti.

I remember at Murphy's, depending on who was bartending, my Black N' Blue would either be half Guiness and Blue Moon, or half Guiness and Labatt Blue.

Illini1956

I
Big price increases for beer coming soon, yet no one seems concerned.

illini4everjp

I
Favorite beers anyone?

I'll go with Canada's John Labatt Classic and Kokanee. Also a big fan of Fat Tire, Blue Moon, and the Italian Moretti.

I remember at Murphy's, depending on who was bartending, my Black N' Blue would either be half Guiness and Blue Moon, or half Guiness and Labatt Blue.
Labatt Classic is great. Though if I'm drinking Canadian, I'm drinking Le Fin Du Monde by Unibroue. If we are talking normal drinking beer, I'm going Goose Island's 312. All time favorite though, Prince Blonde by Lobkowicz from the Czech Republic. Might be the best beer I've ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.