• Josh Ferguson

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Reggie Corbin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Who)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Who is the best Illini RB since 2000? I feel like I am missing a big name in this one, but not sure.

To me Mendenhall and LeShoure are pretty clearly at the top. Two different types of backs. Mendenhall was just special.

To me Mendenhall and LeShoure are pretty clearly at the top. Two different types of backs. Mendenhall was just special.
Agreed. Mendenhall definitely. And LeShoure was a beast. Too bad he did pan out in NFL.

Also, Pierre Thomas obviously had tons of NFL success. Pierre Thomas and EB Halsey came in at same time (and another back who was highly viewed by some) and I feel like Halsey was the one hyped up for awhile, but kind of fell off in favor of the steady Thomas.

Also, Pierre Thomas obviously had tons of NFL success. Pierre Thomas and EB Halsey came in at same time (and another back who was highly viewed by some) and I feel like Halsey was the one hyped up for awhile, but kind of fell off in favor of the steady Thomas.
Sorry for the third comment in a row here, but I looked up these guys stats earlier today. Interesting to see Halsey and how every single season he was here, it appears he started off strong for a couple games, and fell off to basically "meh" each season until his senior season, it appears he was an afterthought (I don't remember that much, so maybe he was injured.)

Jason Ford and Donovonn Young are probably the two biggest names not on the list, not that either would likely be anyone’s vote.

Would have been nice if we’d had a couple more years of Ke’Shawn Vaughn to consider him.

As for my vote, I have a hard time picking between Pierre, Shard and Ferg. I felt like Pierre was criminally underutilized during his time here, and proved it at the next level. Ferg was the consummate home run hitter. Shard was probably the best all around, do-everything back. So I think I have to vote Shard even though Pierre will always be a sentimental favorite.