Betiku to the NFL

Status
Not open for further replies.

mhuml32

Cincinnati, OH
Colossal mistake in my eyes. That kid is not ready.

Not many instances of a kid declaring early not having a negative effect on the team but this would be one.

Completely agree. We already have enough issues with the pass rush, and now we are losing the leading sack leader who had a solid chance to make a senior leap forward.

Not many instances of a kid declaring early not having a negative effect on the team but this would be one.

This was one of my first thoughts as well. He was invisible against legit teams and probably hurt more than helped against strong read option teams.

We won’t be able to replace with the same sort of physical specimen, but I do feel we’ll have options for a more consistent solid player to step in.

Interesting now with the timing of Austin Clark does this put more pressure on the DL grad transfer recruiting without a D line coach.

This was one of my first thoughts as well. He was invisible against legit teams and probably hurt more than helped against strong read option teams.

We won’t be able to replace with the same sort of physical specimen, but I do feel we’ll have options for a more consistent solid player to step in.

Interesting now with the timing of Austin Clark does this put more pressure on the DL grad transfer recruiting without a D line coach.

One player I know we want in that market wasn’t being “recruited” by Clark.

You all are entitled to your opinion but hate the negativity in here. I’m happy for the kid. He’s got some really impressive physical tools and teams will see that. Even if he goes undrafted, I’d almost guarantee he’ll get on practice squad and that is a darn good salary to have in your early 20’s. Good luck to him and glad we had him on the team when we did!

Deleted member 656517

D
He's a project draft pick no doubt about it, but Lovie's starting to push people to the next level. That's his selling point to recruits/transfers so I see this as a win. I think Randolph will take over his role quite well

Im reading and hearing he is a middle round draft pick. A far drop from someone, who out of high school, was considered a potential number 1 pick. But considering he is projected around 120, the risk of injury or being unable to produce,could decrease his stock. I think it’s great for him anD a big hit to the defensive ends. Hopefully we can bolster the position, but I’m glad for him.

He's a project draft pick no doubt about it, but Lovie's starting to push people to the next level. That's his selling point to recruits/transfers so I see this as a win. I think Randolph will take over his role quite well

Way too early to tell but I’m guessing we tag team it with Coleman, possibly the new guys early.

This won’t be popular but in all honesty, I thought we were a higher functioning unit this season without him. I’m not terribly concerned.

This won’t be popular but in all honesty, I thought we were a higher functioning unit this season without him. I’m not terribly concerned.

I think this is a more popular opinion than most, even those whom share it, will admit.

illini80

Forgottonia
Best of luck to him. My understanding was he was never really healthy the 2nd half of the season, so hard to really know what he might have been. After such a strong start we obviously were hoping for more. I hope we get to see him playing on Sundays.

I am not trying to be negative towards him. But he must be tired of school. Not something I thought would happen

Good luck to him. Sure hope he makes his dreams come true. Plus, it is always fun to see an Illinois player in the league.

Way too early to tell but I’m guessing we tag team it with Coleman, possibly the new guys early.

It’s not that damn hard. OB was solid vs early competition, however kind of a ghost after that. Hopefully he gets drafted but one more season would have helped. Gay, Coleman, Randolph will need to step up.

Im reading and hearing he is a middle round draft pick. A far drop from someone, who out of high school, was considered a potential number 1 pick. But considering he is projected around 120, the risk of injury or being unable to produce,could decrease his stock. I think it’s great for him anD a big hit to the defensive ends. Hopefully we can bolster the position, but I’m glad for him.
I think the injury risk is why this makes some sense, he could certainly move up with a good season if he waited...but if he spends another season mostly injured there is downside as well. If he thinks he can get drafted & stick with a team...good for him & I hope it works out well.

breadman

Herndon, VA
Was really looking forward to seeing him in the O&B one more season. But...does this now mean we have one more schollie to give?

Status
Not open for further replies.