Big Ten Commissioner Jim Delany to retire in 2020

Forgottonia
There are some things not to like about his tenure, but no one can say the man did not know how to make money. Overall, he probably did a great job, but it seemed to me that a few big brand teams always seemed to come out a little better than the rest of us.

Jim Phillips wouldn't bother me as much as an osu or Wisconsin guy. As was said above, he's done a great job up there. Could even help us to get him to move from Evanston to Rosemont (y)

Who will be the new man
If they want to think outside the B1G they might take a look at Craig Thompson, Mountain West Conference. He's done a pretty decent job without the same assets as the Power Conferences. He's been there 20 years. Maybe he will think he's done all he can do and that it's time to move on. Not sure how old he is. Maybe B1G is going to look for someone who would be available to be here for 10-15 years if he/she does a good job.

There are some things not to like about his tenure, but no one can say the man did not know how to make money. Overall, he probably did a great job, but it seemed to me that a few big brand teams always seemed to come out a little better than the rest of us.
The other side of the coin is the big brand teams should be coming out better...the BTN was brilliant, and to your point he specifically made Illinois a lot of money. For as bad as we have been in revenue sports the last decade or so & Delaney to be sending us a check for over 50 million/yr we should be very happy.