Big Ten Tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

Admin
Big Ten Tournament (Bankers Life Fieldhouse, Indianapolis, IN)

Illinois vs Iowa/Minnesota/Northwestern
Friday, March 13th
1:25pm CT
BTN

ESoU7m7WsAUc92_

:illinois:

Last edited:

danielb927

Orange Krush Class of 2013
Rochester, MN
Now that this is set, thanks to everyone who posted over in the BTT forecasting thread! I had a blast bringing it back, particularly due to your many encouraging responses and the active discussion. Hope to put in some time this offseason on improvements prior to next year’s outright B1G title.

danielb927

Orange Krush Class of 2013
Rochester, MN
Here's the earliest forecast I made this year — from January 13, about 6 games in — with final tourney seeds highlighted. Notably, this was right before Penn State ripped off 7 straight W's.

1583718519324.png

We got a solid draw. The idea of playing Iowa on Friday is not one that sounds enticing, but surely a winnable game if we can bog down on defense. 8-2 against our side of the bracket, and probably have the best set up to get to the final. Either way nice being the ones others are looking to knock off or “upset”.

This pretty nearly couldn't be a better bracket for Illinois, considering the league this year.

They beat every team in the top of the bracket they are in.

I'm just glad Iowa has to play the day before. Garza surely gets tired at some point.

The teams matching up with Indiana and Purdue will be fun watch. I like our potential match ups. Playing one of those two teams in Indy may not be an a neutral court!

Who do you pick Purdue vs OSU in Indy? Idniana vs PSU in Indy? Those lower seeds could win!

Last edited:

Deleted member 656517

D
This pretty nearly couldn't be a better bracket for Illinois, considering the league this year.

They beat every team in the top of the bracket they are in.

I'm just glad Iowa has to play the day before. Garza surely gets tired at some point.
Don’t count on Garza getting tired. You’ve got to remember these are 19-23 yr olds playing. They don’t even know what a true hangover’s yet

Deleted member 336259

D
Can anyone throw out a good bar in San Diego where I can watch the B1G tournament? Going out there on Wednesday through the weekend and want to be able to watch at least the Illinois games. Thanks in advance!

When we were in a rhythm or got on a good streak and pulled ahead it was because Cockburn was in and well we were on our home court. It'll be different possibly on a neutral home game, but if Cockburn gets in foul trouble like he did in the second half, we could be in trouble. That said, we'll be more rested than Iowa assuming they win their game against the winner of Northrwestern/Minnesota. I'm hoping our team though will be wanting to really win so we get a better seed on Selection Sunday. I feel like this team when it's hot can beat anybody. I'm actually looking forward and excited for Selection Sunday. Can't wait!

So I'm way late for this, but I'm really disappointed in Fred Hoiberg at Nebraska. I went to Iowa State (please don't hurt me), but to see him go to the Chicago Bulls and well not really do much and then go to Nebraska. I know it's his first season and he's got some rebuilding to do, but man I just think he'd been better off had he stayed at Iowa State. I'm sure they'd still take him now, no questions asked considering Iowa State's season has been this year though they've had bad luck with injuries. I don't blame Hoiberg for leaving for what was his dream job (Chicago Bulls), but I wish he had stayed in Ames. Oh well.

So I'm way late for this, but I'm really disappointed in Fred Hoiberg at Nebraska. I went to Iowa State (please don't hurt me), but to see him go to the Chicago Bulls and well not really do much and then go to Nebraska. I know it's his first season and he's got some rebuilding to do, but man I just think he'd been better off had he stayed at Iowa State. I'm sure they'd still take him now, no questions asked considering Iowa State's season has been this year though they've had bad luck with injuries. I don't blame Hoiberg for leaving for what was his dream job (Chicago Bulls), but I wish he had stayed in Ames. Oh well.

We’ll allow it for mutual hatred of the squawks

Who ever we play i would like to see us come out and throw some token pressure at them to see how much of there legs are left

Anyone happen to hear Tim Brando on the Score this morning just now? Might be the worst interview by an "expert" I've ever heard. First, I guess Brando is doing the Big East tournament this week so they ask him about that...and he doesn't know who DePaul is playing in the first round. "Did Butler lose yesterday," Brando says. "Is that who they play now?" Doesn't even know the matchups of the game he will be calling. Then he starts talking about the Big Ten tournament and how Purdue can get in if they win the rematch with Rutgers. (except of course Purdue doesn't play Rutgers.) And finally David Haugh gets a question in about Illinois, and Brando starts talking about how Brad Underwood's style with the press and all the fouls won't work in the NCAA Tournament with all the fouling. I realize he's getting up there in years but can't believe he was that uniformed when he's going on a Chicago radio station.

Status
Not open for further replies.