Big Ten Tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we're heading over for Friday's games. Debating buying tickets in advance or seeing what we can get walking up or at the box office. Any thoughts / suggestions?
Just a guess, but I think Friday is ok but Saturday tics could be pricey.

I would buy on the street, but that's easy to say as I'm not actually going

Epsilon

M tipping over
Pdx
I think someone mentioned it, but the Ivy League has easily the most "cancel-able" tournament in all of CBB (with a storied history dating back to 2017).
Conference tournament cancelations can only be good for bubble teams I think. Makes it less likely for less competitive conferences to send multiple teams due to the auto seeding from their tournament winners.

So we're heading over for Friday's games. Debating buying tickets in advance or seeing what we can get walking up or at the box office. Any thoughts / suggestions?

There appears to be an overall softness to the market. Plenty of seats in all price ranges for Illini game on SH. Time of day for the game doesn't help the market. BTT uses a hard ticket. Stubhub has a last minute pickup site right around the corner from arena so you can continue to use SH as a source. As OP mentioned Saturday is always the toughest ticket by far. It will also depend on who is playing. Ticketmaster is handling the "box office" sales. There were a lot of 200 level seats left.

There appears to be an overall softness to the market. Plenty of seats in all price ranges for Illini game on SH. Time of day for the game doesn't help the market. BTT uses a hard ticket. Stubhub has a last minute pickup site right around the corner from arena so you can continue to use SH as a source. As OP mentioned Saturday is always the toughest ticket by far. It will also depend on who is playing. Ticketmaster is handling the "box office" sales. There were a lot of 200 level seats left.
I'm showing up around 11:30 am Fri. Anyone know sections we are? would rather be in a sea of orange than surrounded by unfriendlies

Would you rather win the Big Ten tournament and lose first round of NCAA, or, win 1 game in the Big Ten tournament and 1 game in NCAA?

The devil's daughter is on the bachelor now, my wife is watching. Trying to hold back the barf.. Supposedly she is a virgin. And her dad never cheated nor did anyone on his staff. Giving the wife a break as she accommpanied me from MA to the game Sunday.

Still a couple a thousand tickets for sale in the 200 level sections. No where near a sellout.

hooraybeer

Pittsburgh, PA
actively evolving situation. i’d wait until day of for sure

I get the "bring it on" sentiment, but for me the most important thing is advancing in the BTT. I think Iowa has the slight edge over us on a neutral court. Not saying they're a better team overall, but I give them the edge based on the matchup and the revenge factor. Yeah, beating them again would feel really good, but the thought of losing to them again in the BTT sounds awful and I'd rather not give them that opportunity. I'll take Minnesota or (lol) Northwestern. But if we do get Iowa then yeah, bring it on.

Last edited:
Iowa played late Sunday on the road. They play nw or ninny thurs aft. Both of those can beat you and deserve respect. Different teams so will need to game plan for both before thurs and travel. They can wave to the Illini on their way by. Conversely Illini had an easier night Sunday. Can look at that film and game plan for Iowa. Easy drive to Indy. It’s good to have the double bye. In the quarterfinal round of btt you are either playing a good team or a hot team. Bring on Iowa.

BMoreIllini

Baltimore, MD
Exactly why I didn’t say win 2 in the NCAA...I think we would all pick sweet 16, or at least a majority. But winning BTT versus a first round NCAA knock out is a much tougher decision in my books.
I think that was going to be my point. Sweet 16 over BTT champs is a no brainer for me, but I think I'd rather have that BTT title over losing in the round of 32. Sweet 16 buys you an extra week of national attention, winning in the first round still just gets you another game 2 days later (still in the first weekend).

Status
Not open for further replies.