Blackhawks '17-18

South Farms

near Ogden & Rt 83
I Love NHL hockey

Start camp on 9/15 . First practice games are the next day . First real games are 2 1/2 weeks later . They don't mess around with bs stuff . They give the guys their new "sweater" and a pair of skates & a stick by CCM and it's off to the races .

Let's go , eh ?

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
This mornings lines (from Scott Powers on twitter)

Saad-Toews-Panik
DeBrincat-Schmaltz-Kane
Sharp-Anisimov-Hartman
Bouma-Kero-Hayden
Jurco-Wingels-Hinostroza

Think DCat is going to get every chance to prove he belongs. He's earned that chance, hope he thrives. Really like those top 3 lines. 4th line should be strong too. First preseason game tomorrow @ Columbus.

This mornings lines (from Scott Powers on twitter)

Saad-Toews-Panik
DeBrincat-Schmaltz-Kane
Sharp-Anisimov-Hartman
Bouma-Kero-Hayden
Jurco-Wingels-Hinostroza

Think DCat is going to get every chance to prove he belongs. He's earned that chance, hope he thrives. Really like those top 3 lines. 4th line should be strong too. First preseason game tomorrow @ Columbus.

Whoa, Kane losing Panarin AND Anisimov?

Kane produces with plugs. I like that line. Course that's based on hope: DCat is ready and Schmaltz is better at the dot. Anisimov is an ok #2C, but a standout #3C.

And I realize it is just preseason, lines can and do change, but was a little surprised.

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
So far, so good. Big early road test Monday night. Babcock has turned the Leafs (!) around quickly. Looks like reports of the Hawks demise were premature.

- loved the Captain's shot from the top of the circle. If he finds his offense this season, look out. Having Saad back will help a ton.
- Schmaltz is going to have a breakout season. Love his game. Hope his ding isn't serious.
- Hayden: VG
- Kane: bow down
- forwards: very fast and skilled
- D: Kempny has taken a big step up. Rutta looks like a VG Euro signing. Want more from Murphy and Forsling. Am expecting some adversity, hopefully they'll gel.

breadman

Herndon, VA
I would say that it is about time for another Stanley Cup season!!
Go Blackhawks!!!

KBLEE

Montgomery, IL
Getting a point in Toronto is never bad, but losing a 3-1 lead in the 3rd is never fun.

Couldn't stay out of the box and it killed them. On the plus side though, very good outing by Forsberg.

Definitely more positives to take away from this game. Forsberg had to stand on his head tonight and did that through two periods. Deserved that third star. Early I know, but I think he can be just as good as Darling.

Defense will need to step up if we are going to win close games, though I've been happy for the most part. If Crow can play like he has most of his career, he'll pick them up enough to be serviceable. Our top 9 looks deadly and Hayden might get 20+ goals this year.

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
2 more points last night, on the road. And beat Carey Price. Takeaways:

- Crow: outstanding. My goodness, he loves playing in his hometown.
- Rutta: very good. Looks like a great signing, especially on a free.
- Forsling: after a shaky preseason, has allayed concerns with solid outings
- DCat: offensively gifted. That one timer from Sharp was a beauty. Kid has grit and plays D too.
- Sharp: still some gas in the tank. VG 3rd liner.
- Saad: the definition of a north-south player.
- Panik: getting the last of the doubters to shut up.
- PK: so far, so good.
- PP: room for improvement

2 division games next. Really hope Schmaltz is back, because he turns his line into a monster.

mattcoldagelli

The Transfer Portal
They've looked awesome so far. Frankly, if there wasn't room for PP improvement, I wouldn't recognize it as a Blackhawks season.

KBLEE

Montgomery, IL
MistyIncomparableGenet-size_restricted.gif

bdutts

Houston, Texas
Replay may as well be abolished.

I don't really understand how they do it. In the past, they had a War Room in Toronto look at all the replays. Now, it seems like the linesmen have a hand held device, and they make the final call.

Either way, they couldn't have been more wrong on the outcome of that. Clearly offside. You're right, might as well abolish it.

I don't really understand how they do it. In the past, they had a War Room in Toronto look at all the replays. Now, it seems like the linesmen have a hand held device, and they make the final call.

Either way, they couldn't have been more wrong on the outcome of that. Clearly offside. You're right, might as well abolish it.

So many bad, obvious blown calls. And yes, even in favor of the Hawks last year v. Minnesota I think.

Boggles the mind.

Replay may as well be abolished.

Still not sure it was the right call but the officials didn’t rule that the Minnesota player wasn’t offsides when he played the puck. They ruled that the Blackhawks played the puck back into their own zone which nullifies the offsides. If you watch the whole play, Toews plays it back to Seabrook and it jumps over his stick and I don’t think the Wild player ever touches it in the neutral zone. If you play the puck back into your own zone there is no offsides.

bdutts

Houston, Texas
Still not sure it was the right call but the officials didn’t rule that the Minnesota player wasn’t offsides when he played the puck. They ruled that the Blackhawks played the puck back into their own zone which nullifies the offsides. If you watch the whole play, Toews plays it back to Seabrook and it jumps over his stick and I don’t think the Wild player ever touches it in the neutral zone. If you play the puck back into your own zone there is no offsides.

This is right. The issue is with "playing". Playing means in control of the puck. The puck bounced off of Seabrook's skate. That is definitely not in control of the puck. so yeah, if the Preds guy was in his offensive zone and Seabrook staked into that zone with the puck and the Preds guy stripped him of the puck, it would not be offside.

The NHL blew it yet again.

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
Good comeback last night, even sweeter because the Preds. 4 days off. Schmaltz should be back. Our attack is sooooo much better with him centering the 2nd line.

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
After a torrid start, the Hawks have lapsed into mediocrity. Way too early to push the panic button, but the team needs to right the ship.

Illiniaaron

Geneseo, IL
This team looks really lifeless right now. I know I'm gonna get killed for saying this but I think the Quenville era might be nearing an end.