Blackhawks '17-18

bdutts

Houston, Texas
Lots of movement in recent days: signing Dylan Sikura, Blake Hillman, Joni Tuulola. Brought up Ejdsell put Berube on waivers.

Keep the tankathon going!

KBLEE

Montgomery, IL
Hawks haven't had much to play for recently, but beating St. Louis last night definitely put a hurting on their playoff hopes.

bdutts

Houston, Texas
Hawks will finish 7th or 8th.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
Draft order is determined tomorrow. Hockey fans are going to be so salty when Hawks get #1.

Blackhawks come in at #8 in the NHL Draft Lottery. Carolina jumps them in the lottery and along with Montreal and Buffalo have a chance at the #1 pick.

Will be interesting to see which way Stan goes at #8. I would bet on a d-man (Hughes, Dobson or Bouchard) but if a big time playmaker is still available (Zadina or Wahlstrom), would that change the plan?

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
Will be interesting to see which way Stan goes at #8. I would bet on a d-man (Hughes, Dobson or Bouchard) but if a big time playmaker is still available (Zadina or Wahlstrom), would that change the plan?

Zadina will be long gone, but if Wahlstrom is still there (and I pray he is), Bowman should sprint to the podium.

Zadina will be long gone, but if Wahlstrom is still there (and I pray he is), Bowman should sprint to the podium.

I would normally agree but the d-corps is what really needs help. With Kane, Saad, Towes, Hino, Debrincat, Schmaltz, you've got some good weapons. No one on the back really played up to expectations.

bdutts

Houston, Texas
Marian Hossa officially retires from hockey today. Not sure if he’s going to file retirement papers now.

One of the best 2 way hockey players in the last 25 years or so. His backcheck was phenomenal. Sure fire HoFer.

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
Hope so. They can use the 5.275M.

Hawks already have it via LTIR. Thing is, the difference between Hossa's salary ($1M/yr) and his AAV, is worth a lot to financially struggling teams (that want to reach the floor as cheaply as possible). So, Hossa's contract will achieve $12.825M in savings over the next 3 seasons. There is the value and, rest assured, the Hawks will unlock it.

bdutts

Houston, Texas
After a really solid draft, FA Period starts on Sunday. Anthony Duclair and Tomas Jurco, among others, did not receive a qualifying offer.

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
After a really solid draft, FA Period starts on Sunday. Anthony Duclair and Tomas Jurco, among others, did not receive a qualifying offer.

Great draft for the Hawks. 'Course, stuff happens over 3 years, so we'll see.

Look for the Hawks to pick up a #4 D man (John Moore, De Hahn), maybe Riley Nash or Derek Ryan and a proven backup goalie (Hutton, Montoya, Darling @ 50% retained). Gotta move Hossa's contract too. Anisimov will probably be traded. Think the big game FA hunting comes next season.

Sad day today as one of the greats, Stan Mikita, has passed away. One of the greatest, if not the greatest, to don the Indian head jersey.

Deleted member 16340

D
Man, that guy was smooth! How he could move. Fed Mr Hull a lot of points.